Arrival in Taipei

After hitch hiking with several more cars and taking one bus, the entire group was able to make it back to the airport. Mikoto drew a lot of stares with her ragged clothing and extroardinary injuries. One woman in the airport even took the liberty of asking if she should call 911.

In any case, the airport had it's own general store with a variety of first aid kits. Mikoto could hear some of the employees whispering among themselves as she and Lucy looked for large bandages. Apparently, they thought she might be a girl running away from an abusive family or something. She couldn't blame them, the massive scar across her back was clearly visible through her torn shirt, and thanks to Dark Matter, it was now bleeding slightly again.

Lucy and Elli fixed Mikoto up in the bathrooms while Nicole, Natsu, and Happy went to buy some new clothes for her at another store.

"How do you feel?" Lucy asked Mikoto after she had been bandaged and put on a new pair of shorts and a dark blue shirt with a yellow lightning bolt on it.

"Like I got beat up by a tree and not a skyscraper." said Mikoto. "Yeah..I feel loads better."

"So what now?" asked Nicole. "We need to get to Taiwan. And from what it looks like, the earliest flight available right now is from China Airlines."

"All I need is 30 minutes, an access point to the internet, and a laptop or something and I'll have some tickets up...oh, and I'm making us new names and passports." said Mikoto. "I'm not gonna try to explain why Bruce Wayne is flying economy class."

As it turned out though, Mikoto was able to get some nice First Class tickets. She decided to name everyone after their Edolas counterparts, except for Nicole who got the name Ezra Mavros  (That was the name of her original concept character.) Happy and Elli didn't need tickets or passports as they were pretending to be stuffed animals.

That flight, Mikoto thought she felt a little bit of what it felt like to be Natsu and Nicole. She was so nervous, that she felt like she might be sick. The wounds on her back twinged a little, as if there were still beetles crawling around...eating at it.

Half the time, she kept on expecting Teitoku to suddenly appear, or for Diablo to rise out of the plane's floor with an army of demonic horrors behind him.

Finally, Mikoto couldn't take it anymore, she needed to stretch her legs. She got up from her seat, entrusting Lucy to look after Elli, and walked down the aisle, feeling like a dead girl walking.

That's when without meaning to, she accidentally walked straight into another girl without meaning to. The two of them fell onto their bottoms.

"Ow...oh, I'm sorry.." Mikoto began before suddenly going. "EHHH!?"

The other girl was wearing a winter sweater, some jeans and a scarf. But her most noticeable features, was that besides the high tech military goggles she was wearing, she looked exaclty like Mikoto, right down to the hairstyle.

"Misaka did not mean to bump you, says Misaka apologetically." The girl said as she stood up and bowed. "Please forgive Misaka's rudeness."

Mikoto stood up and rubbed her head awkwardly. "Erm, hey, don't you recognize me?"

"Ah yes." said the MISAKA sister. "You are Big Sister, Misaka is MISAKA no.10599, But you can call Misaka Aiko as that is the name Misaka has chosen. We have not met yet I believe."

"Right.." said Mikoto. "Erm, what are you doing here?"

"Misaka is on vacation!" said the clone doing a cutsie pose with a peace sign while her face remained expressionless. "Misaka has worked at the library in Academy City for a while, and because Misaka has accumulated so many hours, they declared that Misaka must go on vacation, says Misaka as she remembers her workplace thoroughly."