Chapter Four

After a few minutes I got a text.

Tanner: what was that all about

Me: what are you talking about!!!

Tanner: you didn't let me finish.

Me: Well I don't want you to finish

Tanner: well I'm going to anyway, my mom was going to make me go with Vanessa because my mom and her mom are best friends, and they wanted us to go together, but I just told her that I'm going with someone else.

Me: who? Amber? Chole? Rebecca?

Tanner: no.

Me: well I'm out of ideas,

Hen I heard a knock at the door.

Me: hey sorry I have to go because someone's at my door. Bye

I opened the door and I saw Tanner in a black and white tuxedo, with a rose on, and one knee, I smiled. He got off of the ground. And asked "will you go to the dance with me?"

"No." I said.

He frowned.

"I'm just kidding!!! Of course I will!"

He smiled again and handed me the rose, and he walked back home. I walked inside and looked at my rose, there was a small slip of paper propped against one of the petals. I took it and unfolded it. It said.

Dear Claire,

Now that we are going to the dance together. Would it be a crime to ask you out to?

Check YES. or. NO and put it on your doorstep. ( oh and ask out means be my girl friend)

I checked yes, smiled and put it on my doorstep. I looked out the peep hole in my door and saw him running to get the note, trip over my 4 stairs. Grab the note, read it. Shout " YES!!!!" Look embarrassed and cover his mouth, then run home. That was a funny cycle of him I've never seen before. I grab my phone and I couldn't type anything because of my gloves. So I took it off without thinking. And that was the big mistake.