My Love

"A shadow is coming," the large werewolf's voice boomed. "Have you not seen the wolves dreaming stiffly?" he pondered of me. My heart skipped a beat at the memory of creeping past the snoozing wolves in the hallway. I had thought it peculiar that none of them stirred to the sounds of Juliet's scream. The child's cries for her mother ran through my mind in painful ringing. I felt myself stumble and eventually fall backwards into the werewolf man's large arms.

"Are you not feeling alright, my love? Perhaps the shadow's sorcery has an effect on you also?" spake the beautiful man. I didn't understand why a magic casted to make wolves sleep would have any effect on me, but it seemed like a hefty concern for the werewolf. I allowed one of my eyes to sneak a peek of his furrowed brow before I inhaled a familiar scent. He smelled of morning dew and autumn's crisp leaves. The feeling of being in his arms didn't faze me at all, and the scent that clung to him enticed me to cling tighter around his neck. My hands streamed through his long hair while I opened my eyes in an adoring gaze. I looked towards the crook of his neck to see an old scar, and after touching it softly with my fingers, I gave a bit of slack to my embrace and looked him in his baby blue eyes. The werewolf's messy white hair draped over my face as he towered over me, but in the moonlight, I could swear his hair was like threads of silver. The sun's golden colors began to mix with the night behind him as he caressed my cheek and gave a heartfelt smile. This man was captivating, so much so that I, or anyone else, might lose their breath.

"My love, have you fell ill? Perhaps, are you faint? I should've never left for that trip... Are you alright?" he questions again with tenderness. I appreciate his constant fear for my health, but I start to tense as he gives an attempt to kiss my hand. "I-I'm okay, but please, tell me who you might be to call me "love"? I beg, forgive me, for I can remember nothing," I spoke, softly trying to free myself from his grasp. Why am I becoming cozy with a man I might not even know?

"I am your husband, Scarrden, who took upon a curse..." he began while letting me loose from his embrace. I went to speak, but before I could mold my sentence, the torch lights blew out in sudden gust of wind. "Vivian, my dear... are you feeling a bit drowsy, perhaps?" cooed a sinister voice. My arms and legs felt wobbly, and the air's chill brought a shiver down my spine. I held my breath, trying to stay as still and silent as I could; no one could grab me up if I stayed quiet. The plan was quite a good one, except this being wasn't as reliant on sound and light as a normal creature of the day. I screamed to the feeling of hands being snaked around my waist. At the moment I became enveloped in the shadow's cold grip, I longed to reverse time and return to Scarrden's warm embrace. "Please, let me go?" I pleaded, but the Shadow didn't bat an eyelash at me (if it even had any).

Following my pleading, a snarl echoed throughout the dark room. "Stay away from her! What does a shadow need at the Castle of Bones? Of what use are the inhabitants to you?" growled a white wolf. My body called out at the beast and tears filled my eyes; in my heart I could feel his presence. "Scarrden!" I cried out at the wolf as I struggled in vain against my captor. "Scarrden!" I screamed once more. The figured holding me let out a chuckle and shifted into a humanized silhouette. He spoke in hushed whispers to me and called me "princess". I shuddered as his breath chilled my skin. I spit on him, "Go to Hell!" The man looked taken aback, and if his strength wasn't focused on me, I have no doubt he would've presented a gesture to his heart as if I had harmed him.

"How you wound me, my pet! I suppose if you wish to take me home though, I would very much like that. Will you introduce me to your famous daddy too?" said the shadow with a smile. My eyes met his in frustrated anger before darting to where he held his gaze. The large wolf- Scarrden- jumped to a fighting stance before my child. "No!" I screamed hoarsely, "Don't hurt my baby! Please, don't hurt her!" My child sat crouched in a tiny wolf form with her ears flattened. "Scarrden! Scarrden, please!" I bawled. My body squirmed and kicked for my release. I would get to my child if it killed me. "I'm not going to hurt your pup, Vivian. You won't be harmed either. I assure you we will arrive at our destination in perfect condition," spoke the shadow quaintly.

Wind blew in my face before seeing my little girl in her father's arms, rapidly being distanced from me. I was being carried off in the arms of whatever shadow creature this was. Everything hurt as he crushed me in his grip. I felt my blood pulsate faster and my head start to throb. My ears began to extend into a wolf's, my teeth lengthen into a point, and my muscles grow larger. Heart beating and muscles clenching, I struggled fiercely for my freedom with only a haughty "tch" from my kidnapper. "You wench! We'll have to fix this little problem," he growled with a blow to my head. I felt the sensation of a drum beating in my ears. The world started going in and out until the world faded completely into darkness. At that moment, I wanted nothing more than to be with my daddy at home.