Dance, driving and moms

After Kendall came in for her solo, Kenz went in for her solo. I walked over to Kendall.

"Congrats." I said.

"For what?" She asked.

"The top of the pyramid."

"Oh thanks Madds. Are you okay?

"I'm fine. I mean I was expecting it. I thought that I was going to be in the very bottom."

Kendall just nodded her head, as if she knew what I was saying. So I continued,

"I mean Nia and Kenz did better then me. I'm sorry. You don't mind me venting do you?"

"Well no but can we talk later? I really need to study."

I didn't mind that cause I had to study too. "Yeah sure."

"Thanks." Kendall said.

I walked over to my bag grabbed a protein bar and went to my backpack. I took out my science textbook and started to eat and study. 10 or 15 minutes passed and Nia Kendall and I went in to do our trio. The song was called 'A Little Party Never Killed Nobody' by Fergie. It's fast pace and a real party song. After that we had the group. The dance was contemporary and it was to 'Ronan' by Taylor Swift. It was beautiful peace. After that Chloe did her solo and then we all left. Kenzie and I put our stuff in the back. I hopped in the front and put my phone in my earbuds.

"Oh no." Mom said and took my phone out of earbuds.

"What?" I asked.

"Kenzie,"

"Yeah mom?" Kenz asked.

"Put in you earbuds." She said

"Ok" she said.

"Maddison Nicole Ziegler! The bottom of the pyramid? And you got no solo this week! You are lucky you got a trio!"

"Mom Abby put a lot of pressure on me! A solo, duet and the lead in the group. Plus all my homework!"

"Look," Mom said, "I know, but I think you spend to much time on your phone and the computer. So no screens until after your next competition."

"Mom!!!! You can't do that!"

"I think I can. Now go to your room."

We pulled up in the driveway. I got out, slammed the door and ran inside crying. In the background I heard " Maddie! Get back here or leave your dance bag in the car all night!" I didn't go back. I ran straight up to my room. I looked at all my trophies from before Dance Moms and after. I picked them up and put them in the deepest part of my closet. I didn't want to see them again till I win another. This has been the worst day ever! I just lay on my bed, crying. There were scissors on my desk. I went and grabbed them. I was about to cut my wrist when Kenzie walked in.

"Maddie why'd you ru-.....MOM!!!!!" Kenz ran away. Then she ran back in with mom

with her. I did a small cut with them right there. Mom took away the scissors.

"Maddie grounded for a week. Come on Kenz. Wait Maddie were are your trophies?"

"I put them away. Until I win another one."

"Kenz get me a Band-Aid." Mom said.

"Ok." Mackenzie said.

Mom sat there silently and waited for Kenz. She walked in handed Mom the Band-Aid left and closed the door.

"Maddie," mom said putting the Band-Aid, "why?"

"Why what?"

"The cut, the trophies?"

"I'm sorry." I said and I started crying and hugged mom.

"It's ok, it's ok." She kept saying.

"So why?" She asked again.

"I was just mad. No solo, no phone, no top of the pyramid."

"Nobody's perfect, sweetie."

"I know that, you know that, all humans known that! But Abby Lee Miller isn't human and doesn't know that!"

"Yes she is and she does know that. Remember when you forgot your solo? She forgave you. You'll be fine."

"Your right mom. Thanks." I said.

"Dinner in 5" she said.

"Okay." I said.

"Love you."

"Love you too."