Chapter 4

KAYLA'S POV

I don't know how much longer I can handle this. My brother, my closest sibling, is close to death.  If Will dies, I don't know what I will do with myself. Will is unconscious, and dehydrated. He is thrashing, fighting inside himself.  It kills me to see him like this.

WILL'S POV

I see an image of every person I didn't smile to, every person I couldn't save, every person who lost someone I couldn't save stands in front of me, accusing me of one thing. 

"Will," they chant, " How dare you. You hurt me. Now I will hurt you. We will rip you apart from the inside out, not stopping until you beg for mercy and are but clinging to life." 

I try to run, but I can't. I'm frozen as I am. And I can only think one name, Nico.

NICO'S POV

"Will is dying. We started dating and now he is dying. I hate myself. I am so idiotic. I ruin peoples lives, how could I ever think that it wouldn't be the same here. It's all my fault."  I cry to myself as  I run back to my cabin. 

"LET HIM LIVE," I sob, "LET HIM LIVE. PLEASE!!! I WILL DO ANYTHING. I SWEAR ON THE RIVER STYX! Please. Please." 

I fall back onto my bed and close my eyes, pain echoing through me. After awhile, I drift off to sleep. Nightmare after nightmare haunt me. Then, in my dream, Hades, my father, appears.

"Nico," he says, "You are suffering. "

"SAVE HIM. SAVE WILL AND I WILL GIVE UP MY OWN LIFE. IT'S MY FAULT HE IS LIKE THIS. I AM JUST EVIL."

"Nico, Nico. It's okay. there is a way to save him and you. But you have to put yourself in your most vulnerable place. Go to the infirmary, sit by Will. Tell him everything you think is wrong with you. Show him your pain, your love. Then pull back the dark magic. It will take everything in you. But if you want him to live, you must. Then release the dark magic into the ground,where it will go to my realm where it belongs."

He disappears, leaving me to save Will. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to give you a small cliffhanger hahahahaha

Love you all!

Ana