girls

Girls from all across the small state of Vermont as well as surrounding states gather in one of the few schools for delinquents in the New England region.

Girls of most shapes, colors, and sizes--though, most of the colors get sent to a different alternative school in New York.

Victoria Reform Academy for Young Women (mononymously known as Victoria); it was simple enough: an all-girls school. A school filled with all types of young ladies, the abundance of them being troubled with a few who simply made a mistake or were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You ask and any one of the girls will tell: it's basically their own personal hell. And while the girls are sent here to be reformed, the majority of the ladies leave every summer just as they came, simply with a different sleep schedule and a better ability to hide their activities from authority figures in their lives. The success rate is around fifty-fifty.

It's the first day of school; back to expensive room and board paired with moderate supervision and raging female hormones which they were encouraged to keep to themselves. Most of the girls weren't new and the school was rather small so it was more like a big family reunion.

The teachers at the reform school only knew as much as they could observe in class and during school gatherings. Outside of those fleeting moments, they simply knew what was in their confidential files. The files that included four particular young women:

Charlotte Ricci.

There was no 'queen bee' in this reform school, but if there were, Charlotte would be on the hot list. In a school that houses girls from ages ten to seventeen, she'd been there for longer than most of the other girls. She was back and forth, getting it together one day and then back to her old self later on. She was first enrolled in the school at age eleven for being one of the few females involved in a New York street gang. The Riccis haven't known what to do with her since.

Donna Watson.

Not known nearly as fondly but definitely known. She had false-colored blonde hair and charming green eyes that could reel in almost anyone she wants. The girl got around and had no problem flaunting it, even if in the face of the wrong person. Donna was caught on a corner and her mother pretended that sending her off was best. She knew that her mom just wanted the weight of a child off her hands. It was her third year and she didn't think she'd be leaving until graduation.

Amanda Barron.

If everyone else was doing well, Barron would know how to mess it up for them. It wasn't like what she did was on purpose but the girl had a compulsion for trouble and could never quite keep her instincts in check. Amanda knew everything about everyone and she could sweet talk a warden if she wanted. That was what would always get her into trouble. That mouth and those urges were what had her caught in the problem she could've avoided and as the daughter of a notable family, the 'bad seed' had very few chances to mess up before she was sent away. They were afraid she could tarnish their names

Lastly, Vera Reid.

This girl's motto could be good intentions, bad decisions. She was one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet but even sweet girls can get caught in something they weren't meant for. After an accident and some heavy negotiation which required one of the most notable and expensive lawyers in the region, she was able to be sent to Victoria instead of jail. Not that she was really trying to get anything out of it but the time she deserved. To this day, nobody knows what got Vera into Victoria beside the staff who reads the files.

The four girls mentioned weren't much different from another one you could find at the school but they still stood out. They were the friends: the femme fatale. Somehow, they all had gotten to know one another fondly and they stuck together, knowing that they brought out the bests and worsts in one another. Not to mention what they bring out in those around them.

first thing is done
it's more like an intro than a chapter which is why it has no number and i'm glad that i've finally got this done for it. ik where i want this to go but i need to start it first cx.