Chapter 18

AJ's P.O.V.

I wake up 7 am as I've decided to go to the gym across from ours. I put on my gym gear and just as I'm walking out of the bedroom, Mollie wakes up and says, 
 "Where are you going?"
  "Just to the gym, I'll be back in an hour."
  "Okay, I love you,"
  "I love you too,"

I grab my phone off the charger. I walk downstairs and grab my headphones. I open the door and walk to the gym. I quickly jog down the driveway. I get to the road and look. Nothing is coming. I walk and then I fall suddenly. My mind goes fuzzy. I see a hazy stick thin brunette standing there. Then darkness. 

Mollie's P.O.V.

It is now 9. An hour since AJ said he would be back. All the kids are up. I know right, a miracle!! I decide to go over to the gym to see AJ and ask when he will be back. Maybe he just lost track of time. I tell Izzy and Zac that I'll ring them if I need anything. They are downstairs and Brie is upstairs. 

I walk out of the house and along the driveway. I see a body on the ground. No cars or anyone nearby. It is a very quiet road. I run over the sick already coming up into my mouth. I think it's AJ. I run over as fast as humanly possible. My thoughts were confirmed. It's AJ. The tears stream down my face. His left arm is bent at a sickening angle. I crouch next to him and then sink so I'm sitting on the floor. I check his pulse. It's faint but it is definitely there. I bring my phone out of my pocket and ring 911. 

E is the emergency department and M is Mollie.

E- What is your emergency?
M- I n-need an ambulance, quickly. P-please.
E- Who needs the ambulance? 
M- AJ Pritchard. He's my h-husband. Our address is Random Address.
E- An ambulance will be there in 5 minutes. What happened?
M- He was hit by a car. He has a pulse but won't wake up. His left arm is bent at a horrible angle.
E- Okay, they will be there shortly. 

They hang up the phone and I quickly dial Zac's number. I rest my head on AJ's chest and my tears sink into his shirt. 

Z is Zac M is Mollie. 

M- Get Brie and Izzy and come here as soon as possible.
Z- Okay, I will. What happened?
M- Your dad. He w-was hit by a c-car. 
Z- We're on our way. Stay strong mum. I love you.
M- I love you t-too. 

I gently kiss AJ. Possibly for the last time. 'Mollie don't think like that.' I tell myself. Within a few seconds, the kids are running towards me, tears running down their faces. They wrap me in a hug and we cry together. The ambulance arrives and they put AJ on stretcher. 
 "Only one of you can ride in the back with AJ, then when we get to the hospital only one can come in,"
  "Mum, you go, we'll wait here and as soon as we can come call me. Shawn can drive us. Tell us if there's any news." Brie says.
  "Are you sure?"
  "Yes mum, Dad needs you."
 "Okay, I love you,"
   "I love you too."

I get in the ambulance and sit on the chair next to him. My beautiful husband. In pain. Possibly dying. I kiss his forehead and whisper into his ear,
  "AJ, please don't go. If it is too much then let go. We'll learn to cope, eventually. Just know that I will always love you. No matter what. I will always love you for the rest of my life."

 I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I've been doing lots of art and a lot of swimming so I'm updating as much as I can! Please don't hurt me for what I made happen to AJ :( I love you xx

668 Words