Chapter 9: Lights will guide you.

Winters break; thought that I never get warm during this season and I always have cold and flu, but I still enjoy this season.

Christmas passed fast, so as the New Year’s Eve, they all passed fast and I didn’t feel them, except my computer’s date changed, that’s the only difference that happened in the New Year.

 At least I think so; there was another difference that made me feel way different from the person I used to be all of the previous years.

I was in contact with Luke and Adam, they’re my only friends and I enjoy their company.

A few weeks after the New Year’s Eve, Luke called me to hang out with me.

“-There’s sort of like a castle in Sheffield where every year people lit up candles and let them float in “Sheaf” , the river in the city.” He told me on the phone.

“-Why would people do that?”

“-If you came I’ll tell you why.” He replied to me and I agreed to go with him to see these lights or candles or whatever they were.

On the big day, I made sure to dress very warm; it’s still cold out there.

The place was actually very magnificent, even magnificent couldn’t describe it.

I sat on the grass and I asked him why people lit up these candles.

“-A few centuries ago, there was a man, he was from a very high position, he came to Sheffield and built a castle, this one over there.” He told me as he pointed towards the castle across the lake, it was blurry and I hardly saw it, also the lack was wide so the castle was far.

“-He got married and he lived with the woman he loved there. But one day he fought with his lady, so she was angry and went to this balcony for a breather. And by accident she was found dead from candles that lit up the balcony. They say she kept screaming until she fell off the balcony, and when her husband came to save her, it was too late.” He said.

“-So in honour of the death of his wife he lit up these candles for her memory?” I asked him.

“-Yup, and people still do it til today.” He replied to me.

I kept looking at the lake hoping to find these floating lights.

 I saw one light coming from the left, no there's two lights, three, four, and their number started to grow quickly. 

My eyes went wide, I was amazed from the beauty of the view.

“-You like it?” He asked me smiling.

“-It’s…more than beautiful” I replied to him.

I turned my head to him, there was two lit up candles. He gave me one and I let it float.

I rested my back on a tree and I looked at him with a smile.

“-Elliotte Rey.” He said as he rested his back next to me.

“-Yes?”

“-I love you.”

My feelings were between happiness and fear, “I want to love you but I don’t know if I can.” I thought. But I still feel with a great, I kept looking forward to whatever it was in front of me, I wanted to reply to him but was too happy, I couldn’t move a toe.

  I found him leaning in, I was about to move away but I let myself stay, before I knew it, he was kissing me. It was a slow, passionate kiss; I couldn’t help myself but just kiss him back. He smiled in between the kiss.

“-I love you too.” I replied to him.

“-…Lucas Acri.”

“-What?”