Chapter 28: Retaliation

6K!! Holy macaroni! Thank you all so, so incredibly much for reading! I'm over halfway to my goal (which I probably won't meet :P) Anywho, enjoy! cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month passed and everything was normal, besides the fact everyone except me thought Geoff was crazy. I was also the only person actively looking for the King, and after plenty of research and finally communicating with the entire team, we formulated a plan for capturing the King. They planned the capture, I planned on killing. Even if the King isn't himself, it still means we need to get rid of whatever's inside him, even if we don't know what that would be.

"We have a week have to prepare, it shouldn't be hard. Well I shouldn't say that, this is going to be really hard actually. Possibly the hardest thing any of us have ever done. Either way, everyone needs their part completed and done by the time we meet the King. He will not let up on his tireless reign unless we fight back, which is why we have to, everyone has to. Good, okay. Let's get back to work," I tell the group as they crowded around me. They separated out so they could each prepare. We had a week, and this would either all be over, or we'd all be killed. I'd like to think we'll all still live.

"Ray, do you really think we'll win?" Gavin asked me as he watched the crowd disperse. Somehow I was put in charge of the whole operation for some reason unknown, and everyone was counting on me to take down the King. I was probably the least qualified and not nearly powerful enough, but they believed in me, and that was good enough.

"I don't see why we wouldn't. I mean, if we live then that's better than nothing right?" I say quietly. He laughed a bit and patted my back, leading me to the kitchen to get some food. It was about lunch time.

After some well deserved sandwiches I ran over the plan with Gavin again, making sure everything was perfect and without flaw. The only factor that we wouldn't know is the skill of the Knights we'd have to fight and how many before we reached the King. We've sent a spy into 'Stage 5' so we have personal knowledge that the King is in fact there, and by spy I mean Joel in a cow mask watching the kings base from a safe distance away in the swag-mobile.

"Come on, Love. We need to see the guys," Gavin says cautiously.

"What? Why?" I ask, but I soon learned what he meant by the look on his face. That innocent, little, stupid, puppy face. "Oh, right. Well let's get this over with then," I give him a small smile before standing up from the kitchen table. We walk close next to each other as we go to the Game Room. Everyone except the Hunters were working on computers, researching the terrain, blue prints, and weather conditions surrounding the Kings new base. The Hunters however were just sitting on the green couch, talking. We walked over slowly, taking a seat on the couch. Well, actually Gavin sat at the very end of the couch and I sat on the arm of it. Jack was sitting on the other arm, Michael in the middle, and Geoff on the other end.

"Hey, guys," I eventually say, "I- we have something to tell you," The Hunters look at us curiously. Jack had a smile on, I'm guessing he knew what we were about to say since he's the only one who knows about us, besides Lindsay, who was currently talking to Burnie about tactical hiding spots.

"What's up," Michael says casually. I look at Gavin, expecting him to say something, but he instead just looks at me with his stupid little face, silently telling me to say it. I roll my eyes slightly but ignore it otherwise.

"Gavin and I- we, well we're uh- ya know," I get out with a subtle attempt, but I end up tripping over words like usual. However Gavin, whom I expected to stay quiet, spoke up to save the day.

"We're together!" He said excitedly while grabbing my hand. My cheeks grow warm as I wait for the Hunter's reactions. What I got was not what I expected.

"Mother fucker!" Michael yelled while Geoff laughed next to him. Jack looked utterly happy while everyone who was sitting at a desk was either smiling and cheering or handing over various items.

"Ha! Bevs are on you asshole!" Geoff laughed out at Michael. At first I was confused before I finally realized what was going on.

"Wow, wow, wait. You guys were betting on if we were gay or not!?" I ask curiously. I saw Joel hand Burnie his turkey sandwich in the background.

"No," Michael said, looking rather frustrated, "We were betting on when you'd tell us. I bet that'd you tell us a day before we head out-"

"-But I bet that you'd tell us at least a week before the mission! I was right you fuckers!" Geoff said happily. Quite honestly I was indifferent towards them betting on us, the only upsetting thing is that I wasn't a part of the action! I laughed along with Geoff while Gavin tried to get a hold of the whole thing.

"Wait," Gavin said, "So you all knew? But how?" He asked. He was immediately greeted with groans from Geoff and Michael.

"Please, everyone knew! Me and Michael figured it out, I guess Jack and Lindsay already knew, and everyone else eventually caught on when we started betting on you two. Griffon owes me about fifty bucks worth of bacon and beer, she bet you guys would tell us a month ago," Geoff smiled and patted Michael on the back as I pat Gavin's with my free hand.

"Well this went a lot better then expected," I said happily. I expected at least one shocked expression, but instead am going to be eating bacon with Geoff later on. At the moment everything was fine and happy again. Gavin leans against me as I watch Geoff and Michael argue over if Michael actually lost or not. Everyone looked over when the door to the game room opened.

"What'd I miss?" Caleb asked when the room went dead quiet, donut in hand.

"We're a- we're gay. Oh and we're together," I say bluntly as Gavin smiled and waved at him stupidly.

"What!" Caleb yelled, nearly coughing up his donut, "When did this happen!" The room erupt with laughter as Caleb still stood dumbfound in the door. At least I got one good reaction. I smile and kiss Gavin on the forehead lightly. I'd all be okay in the end, it had to be. I planned on it being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well hello there! It's been a while! Sorry it took so long for an update but here it is! Sorry it's a crappy chapter but it was to get over my writers block and get the ball rolling again! Thank you all for reading! Leave your advise and comments! Cheers!

**Chapter 29: Preparation, Coming soon!**