CHAPTER 5 LUCAS POV

I really feel sorry for Mel the only person who she considered family apart of her son has passed, the coroner said she died peacefully in her sleep from Natural Causes, Mel is devastated, just sitting there staring into space. Today is the funeral, she does not want Josh to go, so I have asked Mom to pick him up Mel said it would be OK.

We make our way to the cemetery, there is only the two of us here and when the Priest has finished Flo gets lowered it the ground and that's when Mel starts to cry I was holding her hand but now I have put my arms around her and the priest look at me and I nod my head he gives us time alone. He will be conducting another funeral soon.

I hold her for about 5-10 minutes before saying " Sweetheart" she looks up at me and I continue " Do you want to go home?" she nods her head and we make our way back to the car and get in half way through the journey Mel falls asleep in my arms I can tell you it is the best feeling in the world right now.

I am absolutely positive that I am in love with this woman. We reach my house I notice that all my siblings, parents and even my grandparents are here Dad opens the door and  I slowly make my way out off the car and lift Mel into my arms and carry her upstairs and put her in my room.

I kiss her head and she smiles in her sleep, I walk downstairs and Josh sees me and says " Daddy your back" I pick him up and reply " I sure am, Buddy but we need to quiet Momma is sleeping" he responds " OK" then says " Isa wait for me" when she is making her way into the lounge Isa waits for him and takes his hand.

I turn around and see the look on my parents and grandparents faces because Josh called me Daddy he has only been her 2 weeks then I respond to there looks " Yes, he calls me Daddy but it is only because he has heard Isa call it me, I don't correct him and asked Mel not to either because one day I hope to marry Mel and adopted Josh as my own" all of them looked shocked and then Dad says " Are you sure Lucas? I reply

" Of course I am sure, you took one look at Mom and knew she was the one for you, you also messed up and Mom forgave you but I love her and want to be with her" I looked my Dad straight in the eyes when I said that because then he knows I am serious.

Then I hear Luke's voice say " He is serious Dad, when I came round here on the day she moved in I come into the house and went to the lounge where he was sitting on the sofa she had fell asleep on his shoulder and he had his arm around her, I knew by the way that he looked at her he loved her and I never saw him even look at Isa's Mother that way" Dad then looked and said " I believe you Son, she is a very beautiful woman" but quickly added " Your Mother is still better".

Then he gave her a passionate kiss then I said " That is not what I want to see can you please save that for when you are at home, so glad I don't live there anymore" Luke and my grandparents stared laughing but Dad replied " Don't worry Son, I can wait until I get home" we laughed and after a while everyone started to leave when Mom came over to me gave me a hug and kiss and said " Do you want me to take Isa and Josh home tonight" I thought about it for a second and said " Yes, I don't want Josh to see his Mom like this I know it upsets him" she nods her head and I go upstairs and get some clothes for Josh and off he goes with my Mom and Dad plus the rest of the family.

I go upstairs and check on Mel she is still sleeping so I decide to take her out of her clothes don't worry has much has I would love to make love to her, I know now is not that that time so I remove her clothes and take out an old t-shirt of mine and put it on her.

Then I take my clothes off and put on a Armani t-shirt with some shorts I cover Mel with my blanket and walk downstairs make myself a coffee go into the lounge up Storage Wars Texas on and watch TV until Mel wakes up.