Part 11: Getting Her Back

Ethan's POV:

  "It's you for her!" Right as I walked in, I could see them. He was standing in the center of the room holding her up by her neck.

  "Don't do it, Ethan!"

  "Shut up!

  "Go to hell where you belong!" He tightened his grip on her neck

  "If you hurt her, the deals off!" I shouted at him. 

  "Fine." He let go and she dropped to the floor like stone coughing and gasping. I started to walk to her when Jesse hissed at me. "Don't move or we go back to square one."

  "What do you want from me? I don't know if I have something you'd want."

  "On the contrary, you do have something I want. Something you were born with."

"What are you talking about? My eyes? My blood? What-? My ability? That's what you want from me?"

  "The boy is a genius!"

  "Why do you want that? Its not like its something special."

  "You really don't know how to appreciate what have. Do you? Your ability could come quite in handy for a guy like me. I have a lot of enemies, can you believe that?"

  "Boggles the mind." I replied sarcastically.

  "I could protect my friends."

  "Since when do you have friends? Or care about anyone but yourself?"

  "Since 5 years ago and I met her." He touched Rosaline.

  "Don't touch me." It was barely a whisper but I heard it so I know he could too. He kicked her in the stomach.

  "I'm sorry, what did you say?" He dared her.

  "I said: Don't touch me! Hit the deck! Now!" I dropped to the floor so she throw a ball of magic at one of the guys behind me. I removed the stake from my sock and took care of the other two. She wasn't as weak as she'd made herself look. She had knocked Jesse's legs out from under him. She was sitting on top of him pinning his arms down with her knees, she was holding her hands to face and I guess she was burning because there was smoked rising from her hands.

  "Any day now!"

  "I need your stake!"

  "Can't you just conjure one? I'm kind of busy over here!"

  "Doing what? Picking your nails with it? I need to focus my magic, I'm weak! Just give me the stake!" I tossed her the stake and watched as she drove it through his chest. He disappeared with a scream into a pile of ash. She collapsed onto the floor holding her stomach, I ran towards her and pulled her into my lap.

  "I am so over this shit!"

  "You know what's even worse than this?"

  "What?"

  "Wedding planning with Erica. Its a nightmare, you should try it sometime."

  "Someone kill me."

  "Funny." Then, Rory, Erica, Sarah and Benny came "sneaking" in.

  "Spread out. Take no prisoners, leave no survivors. And find them." Erica was hissing.

  "Hello." They all jumped like ten feet in the air. They turned towards us.

  "Found them!" Rory, clueless as ever.

  "Congratulations. Hey, are you two okay?" Sarah asked.

  "I'm fine. Rosaline took quite a few hits though. She might have several bruised ribs."

  "I killed him. I killed Jesse."