Chapter 1

Normally the heat doesn't bother me at all... But it's been a hot summer lately..On top of all that my nephews are chilling with me and my fam for the rest for the summer.

My sister and I decided to go to the beach today. We were gonna have the kids come with us and play to get them out the house and hopefully tire em out. Then another Idea sparked in my mind.

Me: Hey...wassup??

Kaylee: Hi dude... Nun much.. wby?

Me: I planned on going to the beach with my nephews today... Wanted to know would you like to come..

Kaylee: Dude...please take me with you.. of course!!!!!!

Me: Sure I'll see if I can have my sis pick you up!!

I was happy but also couldn't wait to see her. The love of my life... And we are finally getting a chance to hang out.

We get to her house after she gives me her address and I get out the car to walk to her door.

As soon as I knock.. It flings open

Me: "Heyyy!!"

Kaylee: "Hello!"

She starts to exit her doorway and I see her brother and say hello.. he says it back..

We both make our way to the car and sit on the opposite side of the children.

Kaden was the oldest child and Karter was his little brother. They kept asking random questions and chatting up a storm with her.

I was silent and pretty much my sister was too. We drove to the beach and had to walk a little ways... Me and Kaylee were at the front of the group having small talk.

Kaylee: "How's your day?"

Me: "Mine is...good and yours?"

Kaylee: "It's fine..."

Me: "I don't really plan on getting in the water"

Kaylee: "Well.. I have a swimsuit under but if you don't go in... I may not either"

We get to the actual sand Part of the beach and I almost break a damn ankle trying to go through the soft sand.

My sister yells out to set up a spot and we all huddle around and start to lay out towels and place the cooler.

Me: "You wanna walk for a bit ?"

Kaylee: "Sure.. I guess"

I call out to my sister saying that we were going for a little walk and she nods.

Soon me and Kaylee start to walk off in the distant direction of the pier and I see my sister and nephews rushing and running towards the water behind me..

It was an akward silence the first few feet but I soon relaxed and started to talk.

Me: "So... You know how I pretty much feel about you?.. right?"

Kaylee: "Yea..."

Me: "After all that's happened recently... With exes and drama and all... I just dont wanna rush things or make it seem like I'm moving In to fast"

Kaylee: "I get that and it's fine"

Me: "So as far as I see it... Guess this is just a couple of friends hanging out..huh?"

Kaylee: "I don't know.. If you think so.."

I kinda got a little sad after that... So I decided that the long walk was a waste of time then asked would she like to turn around and regroup with the others.. she agreed..