Chapter 35

After a bit of planning with Charlie, I headed off to buy Meryl's engagement ring. Cheryl had texted me, telling me what Meryl's favorite ring designs were.

Hey, Maks. Remember: her ring size is 5, she likes white gold, and it needs to be a diamond; not a different stone. Good luck, son. 💍💎

When I walked into the jewelry store, a woman immediately greeted me.

"Hello! My name is Amanda, are you looking for anything specific?" Amanda was tall and had dark olive skin with long brown hair hanging loosely on her shoulders.

"Hey, I'm Maks. I've been told to get something like this:"

Hey, Maks. Remember: her ring size is 5, she likes white gold, and it needs to be a diamond; not a different stone. Good luck, son. 💍💎

I showed her the message that Cheryl sent me and the woman smiled and nodded.

"That's too funny. What's your price range?"

"Um, I want to stay under 3,500."

"I think I know just what you're looking for." She guided me over to the counter to my left and brought out this gorgeous engagement ring. It was white gold with a bunch of tiny diamonds surrounding three big ones in the middle. "It's $2,875."

"I love it. She'll love it." I said quietly.

"Great! You said her ring size was 5, right?" I nodded and followed her to the checkout counter.

"Good luck!" The woman said as she waved.

"Thank you!" I replied cheerfully.

I guess tomorrow was the day...

A/N:

I have finally decided to do a sequel to this story. There's only one problem, I have no idea what to make the title. Will you guys help me out?