The Party

The music inside is way louder than I expect. It almost hurts my ears. I feel the base pumping in my chest as soon as I enter. There are people everywhere. Dancing on each other, making out, talking and drinking just like on TV. Almost everyone has a drink in their hand and the lights are dimmed. Lea grabs my hand and pushes her way through people to the kitchen. She must have been here before; the kitchen is through a swinging door and is pretty big. There are drinks everywhere all over the counters, on the island, on the floor and even some on the dining table in there.

“Want a drink?” She asks me.

“Sure, but nothing with alcohol.” I say looking around, noticing all the choices.

“Here you go.” Lea shoves a cup in my hand. The liquid is yellow like lemonade.

“What is it?” I ask smelling the contents.

“Uhm.. blueberry lemonade.” She says taking a sip of her drink. I put the cup to my mouth tasting the liquid. It has an interesting taste.

“Is there alcohol in here?” I ask her sloshing the liquid around in the cup.

“You told me not to put any.” She says.

“But it tastes… funny…” I trail off.

“Is it a bad taste?” She asks me.

“No it’s just…. really different..” I look at her and shrug.

“Wana dance?!” She says finishing her drink and pulling me without waiting for an answer. I set my drink down and she stops me.

“Finish that unless you don’t want anymore. Rule number one of partying don’t leave your drink unattended or accept drinks from strangers.” She says.

It’s wise advice, can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I gulp down the rest of my drink and set the empty cup on the counter, she smiles and pulls me onto the dance floor. It’s a fast song allowing girls to grind their hips into guys and shake their butt. I’m not into that kind of dancing so I’m just standing there awkwardly, watching everyone around me and feeling out of place. I notice Lea right next to me in her own world dancing and I have to say she’s a really good dancer. A guy comes up next to her and she starts dancing with him. I feel a body come up behind me. Too close behind me so I move away and he moves closer, and I move away and he moves closer again, I turn around to ask his problem and I notice he’s checking me out like he’s hungry. I push him away and make my way back to the kitchen. It’s a little too stuffy in there anyway. I start searching around to see if I can find the drink Lea gave me earlier and find myself swimming in a pile of vodka and tequila and no site of a non-alcoholic drink.

“What are you looking for?” I hear a raspy voice say behind me. I turn around to see a guy all dressed in black and cloaked. Pale skin. Kind of creepy looking.

“A drink.” I say.

“Do you know the name of it?” He says. I turn around and look at him again. I don’t really want him helping me find a drink, he looks like a creeper.

“Uh, nothing.” I say as I start to head for the kitchen door. On my way though I see a drink on the dining table that says blueberry lemonade so I go over to it but it says Smirnoff. It’s a beer. That can’t be it.

“Found what you were looking for?” The same guy asks. I look at him and he’s by the kitchen door, drink in hand.

“Are there any non alcoholic drinks here?” I ask him and he laughs as if he thinks this is hilarious. I stare at him straight faced and when he sees that I’m serious his laughing fades out.