Chapter 6: Rachel

Up ahead there were some police tape and police cars.  There was a woman standing behind one line of police tape.  She had her arms crossed across her chest and her feet in a strong stance.  

        "Hello, Freak," Seargeant Donovan said.  She looked at Sherlock with one eyebrow cocked.  I glared at her.  She wasn't nice at all to Sherlock.  I knew Sherlock could stand up for himself, but it still pissed me off.  It wasn't his fault that he didn't know how to act normal.

        "I'm here to see Detective Inspector Lestrade," said Sherlock, ignoring her unkind greeting.  

        "Why?" asked Donovan.  She had a hint of sass in her voice, which I did not care for one bit. 

        "I was invited," said Sherlock.  

        "Why?" asked Donovan again.  

        "I didn't believe it when they told me you were that thick, but I'm not so sure any more," I said.  I can be mean, too.  Donovan wrinkled her nose at me.

        "He wants me to take a look," Sherlock said.  He lifted the police tape and let John and I under it.  When we were all on the other side, Sherlock said, "I know you didn't make it home last night."

        Donovan stiffened.  Then, she realized that she had stiffened and tried to relax again.  She looked at John.  "Who's this?" she asked.

        "A colleague of mine, Dr. Watson," Sherlock explained.

        "A colleague, how'd you get a colleague?" she asked.  I wasn't sure if she was faking the surprise or if she was serious.  Either one was entirely possible.  She turned to John and smirked.  "Did he follow you home?" she asked.  

        "No, but it looks like you followed Anderson home last night," I said.  John looked at me and Donovan stiffened even more.  Sherlock smiled and looked up at the stars.  He turned to me and gave me such an approving look that I thought I would burst with pride. 

        "Uh, would it be better if I just stayed out here?" asked John uncomfortably.

        "No, please come," Sherlock lead us towards the house that the police tape taped off.   Donovan lifted a communicator radio to her mouth.

        "Freak's here, I'm bringing him in," she said. 

        Just as we were about to enter the house, Anderson exited.  He was wearing light blue coveralls.  I cringed.  Sherlock (meaning me too) didn't like Anderson one bit.  He was an idiot at best and at worst, he was an arrogant, unfaithful, ugly pig.  

        "Ah, Anderson.  Here we are again," said Sherlock.  I admired my older brother for being so calm in situations.  He had a talent for staying calm.  In some situations I probably would have hauled off and smacked something.  Sherlock calmly outwitted the other person every time.  

        "It's a crime scene, I don't want it contaminated," said Anderson ignoring Sherlock's greeting.     

        "'Quite clear," said Sherlock.  He smirked.  "Is your wife away for long?" he asked.  

         "Oh, don't pretend you worked that out," Anderson scoffed.  "Somebody told you that!"

        "Your deodorant told me," Sherlock said.

         I furrowed my brow.  Deodorant.  Deodorant.  Deodorant...Oh!     I vaguely remembered what Donovan's deodorant smelled like.  When I thought back to it, it smelled very masculine.  I walked over and sniffed Anderson.   He looked disgusted and took a step back.   But it was the same deodorant that Donovan had on.