Chapter 10: The Drugs Bust

Somebody was banging on the wall. I didn't know which wall. I was trapped in a room. The walls were dark blue with no windows or doors and the banging echoed off all the walls and it pounded in my ears. It stopped for a little bit, and then started up again. I tried to get out of the room and suddenly it felt like I was emerging from water.

I opened my eyes and realised that someone actually was banging on the door. I sat up and looked around for John. I heard the shower running and I knew that's where he was. I got up and promptly tripped over the coffee table. I stepped over it and went down the stairs to the front door. I could see several figures outside, through the textured glass. I opened the door.

"Greg?" I said. Greg Lestrade was standing outside the door. He had a serious look on his face, and he looked a little sad when I opened the door. "What are you doing here? Has something happened to Sherlock," I looked fearfully outside around them.

"This isn't your fault Enola, but I have a warrant," said Greg and he flipped out his badge and walked into the flat, gently shoving me aside. I wasn't going to be pushed around like this.

"So explain to me why you're barging into my flat?" I said, darting ahead of him and standing on the steps. "Sherlock's not even here," I said, not moving.

"This is a drugs bust," said Lestrade, walking past me.

"What?" I asked. He was already at the top of the steps with all his followers, including Anderson, to my disgust. "Why would you think there were drugs in here?" I asked in irritation.

Greg pulled me aside and gestured for his men to examine the house. I noticed one of them open the freezer and take my preserved livers out of it and examine them. "Hey! Put those back!" I shouted. "Those are mine! I have permission!" I walked over and shoved the man aside. I slammed the freezer shut, pushing the cold air out. "Get out of my kitchen," I said.

"Enola, please listen to me," said Greg calmly. I walked back over to him, my lips pursed. At that moment, John came out of the bathroom in his bathrobe.

"I heard commotion," he said, looking around confused.

"Just go to your room," I said to John. "This is ridiculous." He didn't argue, he went to his room to get dressed.

"You'd better have a good explanation," I said.

"Okay mom," Greg said, trying to make a joke. I didn't laugh. "We knew that Sherlock would withhold evidence, he would find the case," Greg said looking around.

"I thought this was a drugs bust!" I said.

"Yeah, that was the only thing that would make it legal," Greg said a little sheepishly.

"I am so done with you," I said. I went down the steps and went out the door. I sat on the stoop, waiting for Sherlock. I didn't have to wait long. A cab pulled up at the door and he jumped out. I stood up and crossed my arms, my lips pursed. He walked up to me.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Don't play stupid," I said.

"All I did was make it easier for me to catch the cab and give you and Mr. Watson some time alone together," Sherlock said.

"You knew the railing wouldn't hold, there was no way you didn't!"

"Yes, but I also knew that John would save you," Sherlock said calmly. "I was trying to help you."

"Helping me is not almost letting me fall off a building," I said. I raised him my bandaged hands so he could see them. I tore the bandages off. "Look!" I said. My fingers were bruised and raw and the nails torn. "This isn't helping!"