Chapter 1

I woke up today with my head throbbing, as well as my gums. I took a look at my clock, 6:44, I'm going to be late for opening! I quickly take a shower and get into my work uniform, a dim blue blouse and navy skirt that went down to my knees, probably one of the ugliest outfits ever, but it was all Ryan and I could afford after fixing the café with the money we fundraised to keep it going. I tied up my long blond hair into a childish pony tail and noticed my normally ocean blue eyes were instead red, I freaked out a bit but perhaps I was just seeing things. I run downstairs and lock the door to the apartment.
"So sleeping beauty, finally decided to wake up?" Ryan laughed as he wrote down today's special on the board.
"Very funny Ry, but you could've told me you had gotten everything ready, ya know? So I didn't have to rush,"
"Yeah seeing the way you ran down here was pretty funny so I don't believe so, I haven't seen you get ready that fast since... since the funeral..." he looked into my eyes and I gasped, his were just and red as mine were in the mirror.
"Ryan, I know it really hurt you when Mia died, but we really have to let it go, there's no point dwelling on it," I said. Mia had been like a mother to him, Ry and I had grown up together, I lived right next door in the orphanage, but after Mia died last year I moved in to help Ry run his bakery that she left in our name. It almost closed down, but thankfully we were able to raise enough money to pay it all off and remodel the entire thing, including our apartment upstairs. Living in Paris May sound like such a beautiful thing, but honestly, Ryan and I couldn't have hated this place more, too many bad memories...
"Ryan, why are your eyes also red?"
"You noticed? I thought the mirror was playing tricks on me!"
"Huh, well I thought the same thing about my eyes,"
Ryan, had hazel eyes, the green in them was very prominent, and it looked bomb with his dirty blond hair, but I would NEVER tell him that. Anyways, like with me, the change if eye color would be very noticeable, so I hope it fades over soon.
About fifteen minutes before opening time, a man in a horse pulled carriage walked in and handed us some mail... I have to admit I found it incredibly strange that he had a carriage, like dude, cars exist ya know? the letters were strange, too, they had this weird seal on them.

I opened mine:
Dear Angelina,
I am sorry to have left you without any contact with me for so long, see I have been extremely busy with the war and all. I would hope you forgive me for the lack of contact, dear. I have enrolled both you and Ryan into the most prestigious school for our kind, well actually, all the supernatural beings. See, I'm not sure if Mia had taught you and Ryan anything about your kind, therefore I shall give you a quick reminder, you are a very high status vampire, as is Ryan. By now you are probably experiencing the throbbing of the head and teeth as well and the color changing of the eyes, this is basically, you becoming a full vampire, getting your fangs and all. École de Vampires is waiting for you, and hopefully I shall be able to find you there.
With love,
-Mother

My mother... I dropped the paper in complete shock and the man with the carriage laughed. I turned to Ryan and he had this happy look on his face.
"My real mother is alive and wants to meet me,"he smiled so innocently. I have to admit I am excited to meet my mother, however I am also quite terrified.
"Well you two, it's time to go back to Jupiterra, your dorms are waiting for you there, and yes your clothing is all packed and in the carriage as well, vampire speed," the carriage man laughed," well, since you're going to be riding with me, the names, Jake," he smirked," and actually I shall be attending U.V.  with you guys," he's 18? He seems so much older... I wonder if all vampire dudes are mature like that.
"Well Jake, you can call me Angel," I smiled.
"And I'm Ryan," he said shaking Jake's hand.
"Well we better get going then, first day if classes begin in two days, and the tour is tomorrow, wouldn't want to miss that," he kept blabbering on and on about the new University, and for once I'm excited for this change.