Chapter 5

Lucy promptly collapsed onto the bed as well, a mix of groaning and giggling as Natsu reached for her and dragged her up to his side.

END stood and stretched his arms overhead as well as cracking his back before he slowly made his way to their large marble bath, dark grey and black veins breaking through the white rock and keeping END’s eyes busy as he relieved himself and took a towel to his hips and thighs. He was toweling his freshly cleaned tail when the still water in the step-in bath gave him an idea, and he left the deep crimson towel on the large stone counter.

He opened his mouth to call to his lovers but stopped himself, leaning on the edge of the doorless entrance way as he watched them cuddle and whisper to one another. Several maids and servants scuttled around the room, placing delicate glass chalices and water jugs on one bedside table as another gathered torn and ruined fabric from the floor. They knew to leave the bed untouched. What surprised END most was that neither Natsu or Lucy paid them any mind or even a word of acknowledgement. He must have really ran them hard this time if the ever mindful and friendly Lucy was too lost in her own world to say hello to her staff.

He couldn't help but grin at one of the maids Lucy was closer with as she passed by, her bright yellow eyes sneaking glances at her Lord standing. Her twin tails flicked in displeasure and worry despite her carefully schooled expression of blankness. The tension around her eyes and muzzle relaxed, silent thanks and a subtle bow of her head all that was communicated between the two as she left the room. One of Lucy’s other favoured maids, a short creature with electric orange hair and large deer-like ears and antlers, turned to him at a low sound, nodding when END motioned to the bed sheets with his chin and left to retrieve a new set, even daring to send him a faint and knowing smile as she followed the others from the room. He really ought to at least learn Lucy's favourites’ names.

“How do you take that all the time? My ass is on fuckin’ fire right now and I don't think I've ever used a few of those muscles before.” Natsu questioned, fingertips caressing her arm as he laid facing Lucy. She giggled lightly and rolled her eyes, her own hand lifting shakily to trace his jaw. Warmth bloomed in END’s chest as he watched Natsu hum and lean into her touch, uncaring at the awkward angle his legs were splayed at to allow the cool air to sooth the lingering burn.

“You get used to it, crave it even.” Lucy sighed, gentle smile contradictory to the lewd discussion she was having. “It feels really nice past the burn, doesn't it? And you just feel so relaxed and full ? Although I have to admit I don't see my legs working properly anytime soon. Even if the gathering is tomorrow night.”

END raised his hands in a look of guilt and smiled wryly, finally sauntering over to the bed at Lucy's raised and pointed call, her displeasure aimed at him as she cuddled closer to Natsu's chest. “Yes yes, you'll have to forgive us my sweet. But when you make those sounds can you really blame us for craving more of them?”

Lucy huffed at his poor attempt at an apology. He pressed a quick peck to her cheek, a large smile letting him know he was forgiven. Not that Lucy was truly complaining to begin with. “Come on you two, let's use the water before it gets cold, and the medicine on your deeper marks and bites.” Natsu whined loudly at END’s words, reaching for him and tugging on his forearm in an attempt to pull him to the bed and between their already tired bodies.

“You can sleep after. Care first.” END couldn't stop his grin. After the accidental slip of the L word earlier he somehow felt more comfortable with the gentle warm ache in his chest as he looked down at Lucy and Natsu. A thought flitted through the back of his mind if he could love Natsu, and what that would imply as Natsu was for all intents END, albeit from a separate dimension and a completely different past...