Throughout

Sammy came over and picked me up driving me to the grocery store. He helped me lurk the isles while reading from Tyler's list and my own mental list of what I wanted for the next few weeks.

"So why are you all giddy and excited?" Sammy asked
"No reason"  I mean obviously I had a reason but I just didn't want to tell him that easily
"Is it because this piece of sexy picked you up and is now chauffeuring you around to the grocery store?" He said laughing
I also have known Sammy had a crush on me, he tells me I'm hot all the time, he claims he's being a good friend but I know that boy is staring at my ass. Which is not even a good ass because it's not big and it's just a butt. I don't have big boobs either and I'm not skinny. So idk why he says I'm so hot.

"Sammy omg, I love you but Noooo. Haha"
He looked a little sad (playfully, I think) and then asked "well why then"

"That boy jack and I had another run in this morning and idk it was just amazing, even tho it was barely anything" I stated

"Mama finally talking to her mans" he said causing me to laugh and grin
"Idk it's just the most that we've ever spoke" I claimed
"Well that's good but he better not take my lil mama away from me, you're my best friend, like yeah jess is too but she's always  with gray, and you're like my sister. Plus you're like my mom because you yell at me for my grades, made me get a job, and yell at me when I want to eat three cheese burgers all at once."
This made me smile,
"I know sam I love you, you're like well idk I guess my mom too haha I know you've got my back, and since I have a shitty dad, and I already have an older bro I guess you're stuck with the mommy position. " I said. He laughed and wrapped me up in his arms in the middle of the isle.

We kept shopping and then brought all the food home, he hungout with me all day and then drove us for a last minute surf sesh because I needed it to clear my head.

Hours later. We were driving home. I for one fell asleep.

Sammy's pov

What am I going to do without her, I thought to myself. I never told her about how I got accepted to a college 600 miles away, she might actually kill me. But I leave in two weeks. I told Jess and now Idk what to do. Jess told me I have to tell her even tho I begged her to do it for me.
What is she going to do without me. School is over, jess has gray and this jack guy seems like he might not make her his most main priority in life.

I pulled up to her house and let her sleep in the car while I pulled out some stuff from the car and laid it on her front porch.
I see the boy sitting in the driveway. "Hey bro" I said he lifted his chin giving me a  sup and hit his cig again, "you wanna hit this shit bro" he asked, so I walked over as my car was still running, I guess it wasn't a cig and I gladly grabbed the blunt and took a long pull before letting the smoke settle into my lungs. "Coughing is for the weak" I said as I released the smoke.
Jack let out a laugh and said " you're sammy right? You seem chill it's sucks I couldn't have me you sooner,  you're going to play ball in Texas right?"
"Damn I guess everyone knows, how does she not"
"Who kaitlyn, and nah I just know because mike was telling me about his bro that I should meet."
"Yeah kaitlyn is like my sister and I haven't gotten the chance to tell her yet, I'm scared she might actually kill me" we both laughed.
"How long have you known her" jack said holding the smoke in just to prevent coughing.
"A good amount, weve been friends since we were kids"
"Damn that's a while"
"Yeah I was around for when her mom, ya know, and since her dad became an ass, and all this stuff." I said
"I mean I don't know what you're talking about but damn that shit sucks, I thought she would've had the perfect life, the perfect family and all that by the way she is so bubbly put together."jack said I figured they woulda talked about this shit but maybe not.
"She lost her shit for a while, we helped her and so did Tyler and so I hope that she stays better and doesn't lose it to her crazy as step mom and crackhead father." I breathed

"Damn bro she's seems like a great girl, and she is really beautiful, I hope she stays okay too." Jack let out. The blunt was almost finished so we took out last few puffs and I got up to get Tyler to bring Kaitlyn to bed.

"One last thing, thank you for the blunt by the way and also will you take care of her for me, ya know while I'm gone," I said rubbing the back of my neck "wether you like her or just stay friends with her, I don't care and i don't wanna know, but I just wanna know that you'll take care of her, her brother Tyler can't do everything, so I just need to know that she had a good friend or something to take care of her" I
Let out.

He nodded his head dabbed me up before he walked inside, I got back in the Jeep which was similar to jacks and texted Tyler
To Ty: aye come get kaitlyn, she's sleeping in my front seat.
From Ty: aight dude I'm comin, but for real you just caught me, I was about to sleep it's freaking 3 am.

I guess I was put there for a hot minute, but me and kait did get back kind of late.
To Ty : sorry bro we lost track of time
Tyler came outside and threw my sleeping friend over his shoulder he waved to me and I drove home, contemplating on how I should tell her, but it needed to be soon.

Kaitlyns POV
(It will mostly always be Kaitlyn's POV, unless I write who's POV it is specifically, but it's usually hers so I won't write it at the top of every new chapter or conversations. )

I woke up to me being dangled over my brothers shoulderes
"What time is it" I asked
"3am" ty responded
"Shit it's that late?" I claimed
"Ya it's okay I was up, thinkin" ty said
"About what". I asked
"Mom" he said
He put me down on my bed and sat next to me.
" It's been 4 years today since she, well since it happened"

I began to feel it in the pit of my stomach,as he spoke those words. I kinda want to cry but I also don't, I've already done so much of that.

We just kinda sat there, he knew I wouldn't know what to say. He hugged me and plugged in my phone for me as I drifted asleep, I heard my door close and then I was out.