𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

THE HUNTER AND THE BEAST

YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE SOME SCARY BED TIME STORY THEY TELL CHILDREN SO SORRY IF IM HESITANT TO BELIEVE YOU

YOU'RE NOT HEARING ME, YOU'RE THE ONE WHOSE CURSED MAYA

s u m m a r y

Maya Jane Gilbert had only grown up knowing one thing about who she was born as, her name. It wasn't until she was around nine that her name became a burden on her mind reminding her of people she'd never even meet. The same people who had abandoned her, and for years she spent time bouncing from home to home long having accepting she was too old to be adopted. So MJ did what any kid would, she found ways of escape.

Time and time again she would run away and be brought back. On one of her last times coming back she ended up landing in a pretty nice home. One she didn't mind finishing high school in at least. And in sick twist of irony hit her life, those parents she had always wondered about, they found one of them. Her mother, only it was after a missing person report was filed on her and there was DNA to compare Maya's to. And they only went looking because the couple taking care of Maya had be killed, and someone needed to take her in. Despite the overwhelming belief by the outside world Maya must've had something to do with their deaths, someone still came to get her.

It wasn't blood family anyway that found her but her mother's husband, Alaric. This man wasn't her father, he never even knew Maya existed, nevertheless he took her in. Soon after he told her the truth about what he thought happened, and they began hunting for the thing that had taken her mother and his wife.

Eventually their search lead them to Mystic Falls, and everything soon became clear. Isobel hadn't died, she'd become a vampire and she hadn't just given birth to Maya, but also a twin, Elena. Isobel had also been the one to kill her foster mother in a fit of jealousy after she'd turned. So, Maya was left to fester in her own rage doing her best to control all the pain she felt inside while trying to stay alive.

It was during her search she met the Salvatore brothers, and after months of hard effort they had finally rid the town of vampires. But as much as they had done it still wouldn't have been enough to stop what was coming. Her life suddenly was filled with vampires, witches, and newly discovered werewolves, and yet they still weren't the scariest revelation to follow. The worse of it all was the sun and the moon curse and just how the twins fit into the middle of it all.

c a s t