𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨

CHAPTER FOUR; MEMORY LANE

❝ she loved the girl so much that even the tiniest difference shined so bright she could never ignore it ❞

she loved the girl so much that even the tiniest difference shined so bright she could never ignore it

・ 。゚☆

the gilbert house [ kitchen ]

THE GILBERT TWINS and Jenna each were working on their own plates of food for the barbecue. "Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction that isn't just e having her watch movies," Maya said as she brought down the garlic.

Jenna smiled at her niece saying, "Well, she's not the plus that I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?"

The younger twin easily explained to her aunt, "Because Alaric is a pity taker."

Seeing the hesitant look across the gingers face, Elena urged childishly, "Come on Jenna, be nice."

"I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off you," Jenna reasoned with her. Jenna's vivid memory of walking out on 'Elena' and Damon kissing was more than enough of a reason to keep him away from her. Yet, with him being the only friend Alaric had meant she couldn't possibly ignore him forever.

Reentering the room, Mason returned with two glasses announcing, "Good news! I found the shot glasses!" Maya chuckled at his sunny demeanor as he came to join them standing next to her.

Grabbing her sister's hand Elena declared, "That would be our exit." The Gilbert twins exited the room leaving Jenna glaring at Mason with a dispirited look.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

"Dress! Ballerina," shouted Jenna over all the other overlapping voices of herself and everyone else.

"Puppy," Caroline added shooting out answers like it was her job, "Puppy with a tutu!" Her answer caused Maya to cackle as she leaned back in the blondes' arms as they sat on the floor before the couch.

Damon however was mystified as he gestured to the drawing more violently repeating over and over, "No, no."

Shouting another answer Maya lifted her soda offering, "A dog! Hound-dog!"

Not nearly as loud and overlapping her answer, Mason tiredly answered with a sigh, "Dances with the wolves."

As the words fell from his lips, everyone in the room's eyes fell to him shock that he had gotten the answer, even more so that he could tell it was anything other than a dog. "Mason wins...again," the raven-haired Salvatore beamed walking off into the kitchen.