𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪

CHAPTER FIVE; KILL OR BE KILLED

❝for you, there's nothing i wouldn't do ❞・ 。゚☆

for you, there's nothing i wouldn't do 

・ 。゚☆

❝ mystic falls park grounds 

"SO SUDDENLY, SHE'S ON the running for mother of the year just when I'm trying to avoid her the most," complained the blonde vampire as she dragged her paintbrush up and down the wooden frame of the tent in the park. As she paused for breath, Caroline noticed how only Maya was listening to her. Elena was starring off her mind clearly elsewhere, "I'm babbling, you don't want to hear all this." 

Shaking her head get her mind back on track Elena attempted to maintain, "No, sorry. Then what happened?"

Caroline in turn played along and explained, "Well, I was a bitch but it's part of the process." Noting how Stefan stood only down the hill from them, the blonde wondered, "So, how are things between you and Stefan? Anything?"

The twins shared quick glances before Elena replied, "No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind."

Caroline shrugged a little offering her, "You said that Katherine's dangerous. Maybe he's got a point."

"Yeah, I know that she's dangerous and I know that he's just trying to protect me, but it feels like giving up and I just..." Elena trailed off lowering her own paint brush.

"Just what," asked Maya as she continued to stir paint and pretend, she was actually helping.

Filled with seemingly real sadness Elena answered her twin, "I just thought we were stronger than that."

Maya looked down away from the twos conversation not feeling right about thinking the worst in Caroline. The two of them hadn't even spoken about all the things she said. However, if Katherine really was using her girlfriend against her will to find out what Stefan and Damon were up to Maya had to put their problems on pause.

Maya and Caroline watched as the couple sent each other glances from opposite sides of the park. "Oh, oh. Lurking looks are being exchanged," Caroline said with her usual commentary.

"I'm gonna go talk to him," she responded putting down her brush.

Caroline went to stop her putting down her brush as she protested, "No, Elena. I think it's a bad idea."