The Spark That Lit The Fire

A/N:

Please don't forget to vote!!

-----------

Chapter 1 (Pre-evacuation)

"Ya look nice" Natasha complimented from behind the brunette,

"Cheers,'' she winked, looking back at herself in the mirror. Rebecca fixed her blue laced dress and twirled a little in her spot, enjoying the flare it created around her waist as it billowed and rippled accordingly. She looked at herself in contentment and turned towards her best friend.

"You look great too lassie" she acknowledged with a smile, now facing Natasha. The raven-haired girl wore a classic lavender coloured dress with black polka dots all over it, the dress tightening lightly around her waist before flowing loosely below her knee. The two girls smiled at each other and quickly embraced one another, before linking arms, and walking out of Rebecca's room and down the stairs.
--------
"I love you, dad" Rebecca mumbled into his shoulder, hugging her tightly as if this would be the last time seeing his precious daughter.

"Please don't do anything doaty, I can't lose you too Bairne, " Chris sighed, his Scottish accent thicker as a forced chuckle escaped his lips,

He was trying to lighten the mood

Rebecca thought, looking into his wise yet mysterious green eyes. She flashed him a bright smile that did not quite reach her eyes, trying to hide her tearing heart and immense guilt she felt for leaving her dad alone in his kind of situation. Rebecca slowly peeled herself off her father, walking out the door to greet Natasha at the end of the sidewalk.

"Goodbye, Dad!" Rebecca shouted out one last time; A tear falling out of her eye,

"Bye Mr. Collins!" Natasha called soon after,

Chris waved at the two young women and watched them slowly fade out of his sight. His heart now only hanging by a thread as he watched his only daughter disappear behind the horizon, his only family he had left.

It was time for her

He reflected,

It is time for her to make her own history

A small and sincere smile crawled its way onto his face, a smile that symbolized the pride that was rising in his chest.

My daughter, Rebecca Collins, is gonna do great things.
---------

"This is your first time leaving you dad, isn't it, Becca?" Natasha remarked empathetically; Rebecca nodded her head,

"I feel horrible for leaving him alone with all his medical conditions, what if he gets nightmares? I won't be there to help him" She quacked, Natasha put a comforting hand on her shoulder as they walked,

"Don't worry; he's a soldier. He can handle anything" She reassured, Rebecca looked up from her shoes, seeing that her friend's chocolate coloured eyes were filled with confidence and reliability.

" What would I do without you, mate?" she chuckled, looped her arm around Natasha's shoulders,

"Absolutely nothing" she sassed. The pair walked in a comfortable silence until the train station and proceeded accordingly as they got their tickets and found a seat inside the coach designed for passengers. Rebecca, unfortunately, found herself seated right next to an exceptionally irritating lady for the 8 hours and some minute train ride. Seeming that, every time Rebecca spoke, the lady would send her continuous nasty looks as if she was the only one talking in the coach that held 128 passengers.