Character

Kaycee cautiously took small steps to get to the middle of the floor. I could literally feel how nervous she was, while she stood there waiting for her music to start. If I wasn't mistaken I would swear that she was even trembling a little bit.

Then wild things by Alessia Cara started playing. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I knew that she was getting into her zone now, just like I did when I was dancing. This would help her forget everything around her. She didn't have to get into character, because while she was dancing, she was herself. Her rawest version of herself.

She started dancing and immediately took me into a trance. Her dancing and the personality she showed while dancing was just mesmerizing. Her stage presence was out of this world. She put so much emotion into her dancing and I could tell that right now she was dancing her heart out.

I had seen this routine about a thousand times before and knew it by heart, but she never failed to amaze me with it. This time even more than the others. She was giving everything and it showed through her dancing. The choreography also showcased her amazing flexibility and a few special tricks she could do, but that was not what this dance was about at all. It had so much heart. It made me feel something and I bet all the other people felt it too, because you could her a pin drop in this room.

And then all of a sudden the music stopped and it was over. I still was in a trance state, but everyone applauding rapidly tore me out of it. I joined the applause, the biggest smile on my face. She was definitely going to make it.

I looked around at everyone's faces. I could tell that they were all awestruck. Her style of dance was so unique and her emotion was just impeccable. This audition piece was really unusual for an immabeast audition, since we were mostly hip hop and her routine was rather contemporary. You actually couldn't quite pin down which style of dance her solo was. I didn't tell her that her routine wouldn't be exactly usual for immabeast, because I didn't want her to lose her amazing voice. And I was positive that the crew would see what she had going for her and choose her for her uniqueness. And I feel like my plan succeeded judging by the faces of everyone around me.

After her performance the last dancers did their solos. Nothing was really striking for me and no one even came close to Kaycee's performance, but there was this one girl, I think her name was Bailey, who I thought could fit in with the team pretty well.

The crew then left the room to vote on who would make it to the final round.

••• Kaycee •••

The crew left the room to make their decision and all I could do know was sit here anxiously waiting to hear if I made it to the final round.

I didn't know wether they all liked or hated my routine, because there was definitely a different reaction than what the other solos got, but I didn't know if that was positive or negative. Throughout the audition I had realized that they were definitely looking for hip hop dancers and while I loved doing hip hop, my audition piece was probably not what they were looking for. But I didn't want Sean to say anything, so he didn't and I was glad because this way if they took me, I would know that they took me for me and not for something I was pretending to be.

"Intense, isn't it?" A girl came up to me and dropped herself next to me. Her cheeks were still flushed from dancing and she was drinking from a water bottle.

"Bailey, right?" I asked her smiling not quite sure if I got her name right, but I remember her dancing being amazing.

"Yeah, you're Kaycee?" It was a statement and question at the same time, so I just nodded. She had a big smile on her face and seemed to be really nice.