Realization

••• Sean •••

"Unbelievable." Kaycee carefully placed the vanilla cupcake and the hot cocoa on the table in front of me. "I finally get to work once and then no on bothers to show up." She motioned around the empty Café.

I chuckled thinking about how normal people would be happy about not having to work. But she loved working at this place and I understood. She fit in here perfectly.

"Well then who is the person sitting right in front of you? A ghost?" I asked pretending to be offended.

"You don't count." She dropped herself on the chair across from the bay window I was sitting in. "You only come here because you like me."

That wasn't entirely true, but it might be a factor. After all I had loved this place for ages.

"Who said I liked you?" I teased her putting a smirk on my face.

She clearly was dumbfounded by my statement and I could literally see her brain working hard to try to come up with a comeback.

"I don't know... I just thought.... why would you be here?" She stuttered and blushed clearly at a loss for words.

"So that you know. I really like you." I said smiling putting her out of her misery.

"Great, because I like you a lot too." She told me giving me a smile brighter than the stars on the night sky. Wow that smile really made my insides turn. How could she have this affect on me?

"Come here." I patted on the seat next to me. She looked around the room hesitantly. Of course sitting with me was something she thought she shouldn't do at work.

But it was a rainy fall day and from experience I knew that no one was going to come in today. No one ever did on a rainy day. Except me.

Eventually she sat down next to me looking at me expectingly. Of course she was wondering what I was up to, but I just smiled not giving anything away.

"Are you up for my favorite game?" I asked her.

"I don't know." She replies cautiously not wanting to agree to something she didn't know.

"It's fun." I reassured her.

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

"Promise you won't laugh or think I'm a weirdo." I said suddenly scared of what she was going to think. It was a strange game after all, but I felt like she was going to love it.

"I promise I won't laugh, but being a weirdo is great, so I already think that you are one." She lightly laughed her eyes lighting up. Of course she loved weirdos. She was just so unique.

"Okay so whenever I'm here I look out of the window." I started explaining the game to her.

"I noticed that." She quickly said. Knowing that she was noticing this kind of stuff really made me feel fuzzy on the inside.

"And whenever I look out. I'm completely mind blown. It's the same street, the same shops across the street, the same location." I went on.

She lightly nodded signaling that she was listening, but so could tell that she had no idea where I was going with the story.

"But even though it's the same place everyday, it is a completely scene. It's different people rushing over the streets and different cars stopping at red lights. It's the same, yet everything is completely different." I really got into explaining it to her. It felt really good to finally let out all of these thoughts I had been having forever. I had always been to scared telling anyone about it, scared that they would think I'm crazy, but with her I felt so safe.