Curious

••• Sean •••

I sat in my patiently waiting for my petite friend to show up. I looked out of the window. This was all a familiar scenery for me. In fact this scene had  played out every day since she made it onto the team. It was the same as everyday, yet it couldn't be more different. The cars weren't parked in the same order, some windows that had been closed yesterday were open and most importantly more leaves had fallen off the trees covering the ground making it look like a beautiful painting.

Everyday I had found myself get caught up in these little changes. How could a place be so familiar, yet change everyday? It was just like life. Throughout your whole life you are the same person, but you change everyday, on the outside and the inside and the older you get the more stories you have to tell. And every day  that passes a place had more stories to tell. This was just the way it was.

But one thing hadn't changed ever since I started stopping at this exact same spot everyday. The petite brunette running out of the building in a rush and flashing me a smile when she saw me. And I was glad that this hadn't changed.

"Sorry I'm late." She let herself drop in the passenger seat and threw her dancing bag onto the back seats. Her cheeks were flushed and her curly her was all over the place. If this wasn't the definition of cute, I didn't know what was.

"It's all good." I chuckled. "I actually enjoy waiting here in the car."

She looked at me like I was an alien. "How could you enjoy that? It's so boring."

"I like observing things." I hoped that that didn't come of as creepy.

She nodded slowly indicating that she accepted what I had just said, but still didn't get it.

I started driving and we started talking about all kinds of random stuff. The great thing about our friendship was that we were never at a shortage of things to talk about. It never got boring when she was around.

Some time had passed since she made the team and she was really starting to find her place in the crew. Of course everyone loved her there, how could they not, and everyone had a lot of respect for her dancing. She had already become one of the most beloved members of the crew.

I parked the car in front of the park in the exact same spot that I did everyday. We would always walk through the park to get to the immaspace, even though we could just drive. At first she didn't like the idea of walking everyday, she said it was a waste of time, but I insisted. I really think she needed to slow down sometimes and take the time to look at what was around here. It was all about the right balance as it was everywhere in life.

After a few days of being annoyed when I made her walk, I had noticed her warming up to our daily walks. It had turned into a ritual for us and was something I appreciated really much.

Sometimes we would talk, while walking through the park, but most days like today we would just walk in silence simply enjoying each other's company and taking in everything around us. It was a great way to get your mind off things and find a peace of mind.

It wasn't a really long walk though. I'm up to no time we were standing in front of the dance complex. We walked through the doors and got straight into the studio, we were taking class in today. All our friends were already there.

As soon as we entered the studio, Bailey, Tahani and Tati smiled at us motioning for Kaycee to come over to them. They had become close friends ever since Kaycee and Bailey had joined the team. She looked at me apologetically and I just nodded my head. Then she ran over to them and they greeted each other with hugs starting to giggle and talking about I don't know what.