25 (Dan)

I was in a peaceful sleep, for once. Unfortunately I was awoken by heavy breathing. I kept my eyes closed for two more seconds before I realised what was wrong, and my eyes snapped open. Even more unfortunately, Phil was having another panic attack. He was sat leaning against the door and I moved towards where he was, but not too close.

Dan: Please don't worry. Just calm down.

Phil: T-That's not h-h-helping.

I shake my head like an idiot. I stood up and went to my bedside drawer, a paper bag in it. I handed it to Phil and told him to breathe into it. He just shook his head multiple times, trying to tell me that it wouldn't work. I knew this was my fault. I'd pushed him too far.

Dan: I'm so sorry. This is my fault.

Phil: *shakes head* N-Need air.

He stands up, barely able to hold his own weight up due to the shaking his whole body was doing. I watch concerned and confused.

Dan: Phil come back! You'll fall and hurt yourself!

I walked with him, giving him space. The panic attack wasn't getting better, in fact it was probably getting worse. His breathing was erratic, he was shaking and his eyes were filling up with tears. He had to hold onto the wall to steady himself. He was getting closer to the stairs, which was my biggest concern right now.

Dan: Don't go near the stairs. You'll fall.

Surprisingly he didn't fall. He went all the way down the stairs, tripping occasionally only to save himself the last possible second, giving me a few heart attacks. I still followed him and I realised where he was going. Outside. It make sense now, why he said he needed air.

Phil ran outside unsteadily. He stood still, time pausing for a second. Then he fell onto his knees, crying and screaming. I got a little closer to him. Too close.

Dan: *worried* Phil, just concentrate on breathing. Try not to scream.

Phil: *cries* Go away! Don't touch me!

Dan: I won't do anything you don't want me to. Just breathe with me. Focus on my breathing.

He doesn't look up for awhile but once he does, I breathe deeply and slowly, compelling him to do the same. Sobs escape every breath.