Chapter 2

Jose opened the front door and pulled Olivia inside after him. He sat her bag in the entryway and pulled her further into the house. The living room was to the left of a large staircase and was painted a light blue. The large room held a couch, love seat, coffee table and large flat screen hanging on the wall over a fireplace. On the far wall was an arched doorway. They walked through the arched doorway into the kitchen.

"Here is the kitchen and the paint samples I wanted to show you. What do you think?" Jose asked as he picked up the samples from the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Olivia stepped towards the island, when she got close enough, Jose pulled her against him. He spun their bodies around placing Olivia's back against the island trapping her. She looked up surprised and Jose took advantage of her shock and kissed her. Hard. He cupped her cheeks so he could kiss her deeper. And Olivia let him. She wrapped her arms around his waist, fisting his shirt. Jose pulled away. He had to slow down, he was already getting carried away and she just got here. But God he wanted her. He had dreamed of kissing, touching, holding, having her for so long----it didn't matter he had to slow down. For her. Her really wanted her to enjoy this weekend. They only had one.

Jose ended the tour upstairs in his bedroom. He glanced back at her before slowly pushing open the door. It was a mess. Stuff was everywhere. Paint supplies littered the perimeter of the room. Furniture sat in the middle covered by sheets. The open closet revealed boxes stacked onto of each other, the top two open with clothes spilling out.

Olivia felt Jose studying her. "Que?" The concern was back in his eyes.

"I thought you said all your novia had to do was pick paint colors? It's horrible in here!" They both laughed. Olivia threw her head back laughing loudly and Jose moved in placing kisses along her exposed neckline. She moaned slightly and adjusted, giving Jose more access. He moved even closer until their bodies were flush and she could feel his erection. Olivia was still in disbelief. She couldn't believe she did this to him. They had been friends for so long. When had she begun to have this effect on him?

"Talk first then this." Olivia reminded herself. Olivia pulled away from Jose. It was difficult. Very difficult. She didn't want him to stop. His concerned eyes found hers.

"We should talk." She said.

"Ok. First get comfortable. The shower is in here. That's the other reason I brought you in here, for the bathroom." He headed toward the arched doorway towards the back of the large master bedroom.

Olivia's breath was taken away when she crossed the threshold. She stopped. There were candles everywhere. Everywhere. The windowsill, vanity, and the floor surrounding the bathtub were overflowing with candles. Olivia walked towards the full bathtub and saw tea lights and white lotus flowers floating on the surface. She felt him watching her again. Always studying, observing her.

She walked over to him and hugged him. "Thank you. This is amazing. No one has ever done anything as sweet as this. Not even mi novio." She said with a frown.

Jose pulled back and kissed her again. He deepened the kiss until Olivia was breathing heavy. "Espere." He told himself again. But he couldn't wait, he wanted to devour her. He couldn't stop kissing her, her lips were so soft and he had waited so long. Jose controlled himself all of these years, but now she was here and she was his. For the weekend.

He kissed her softly one more time before saying, "Take your time and relax. When you are done come downstairs so we can eat dinner."

"You cooked for me?" Olivia asked surprised.

With a wicked smile Jose said, "Your going to need all of your strength for what I have planned this weekend."

He walked back through the archway towards the bedroom's exit and Olivia heard the bedroom door close as he left.

Sighing she got into the warm bathtub and relaxed. She was finally here. Olivia made her decision. She had decided she was going to accept Jose's invitation for this one chance to show her what being with him was like. One weekend. One time. But as the reality of what she was doing sank in she began to wonder if she could really do this. There were a million hurdles to them being together this weekend. Or in the future for that matter. 

She was miserable in a relationship she had been in for 20 years, while Jose had recently gotten out his own 20-year relationship. She wasn't in a space to date anyone especially not Jose. He was so kind and sensitive, that she often found herself unable to stay away from him. Even when she knew she should. At work she would seek him out via email or phone, if too much time had gone by. She thought about him constantly but never ever believed she would act on it. But here she was. At his house. Alone. For the weekend.