Chapter 1

All I Remember is the bright lights, and then nothing. I just woke up in the hospital, and i cant remember much, just that me and my parents had come here to Korea for our summer vacation.

I tried to sit up but i couldn't bare the pain in my right side. I didn't think there was anyone in the room, and my vision was blurry. I would have been freaking out right about now but i was just to tired.

Suddenly i jumped as someone called my name. "Rosealie?" it was a very unfamiliar voice. I Turned my head to get a better look at the person. It was a boy?! "Rosealie!" he screamed as he jumped out of the chair. He grabbed my hand and started to cry. "i didn't think you were going to make it. I thought I lost you too.", he said. "Who are you?", I asked, not knowing what kind of reply i would get. He gave me an almost dazed look.

"I'm Peniel. Don't you remember me Rose?"he said, sobbing harder than before. "I-I I'm sorry but i don't know you." I stuttered. "We have been best friends since we were little. We lived down the road from each other in Chicago. You came here to Korea to see me" He said. "See you?" I replied. "yes" he said. "you came to see me." "I-I-I" is all i managed to stutter before the doctor came into the room. He started to say something and then stopped. The doctor looked at Peniel almost like he needed his help. "Its alright" Peniel said "She speaks Korean." "I do?" i asked. "you just understood what i said, didn't you?" he laughed.

"I guess i did", i thought to myself. The doctor took a step closer to me and sat himself into a chair facing me. Peniel grabbed my hand. I jumped at the unexpected gesture. "I think im blushing!" i thought to myself. I couldnt help it, Peniel was very cute. I snapped back into reality when the doctor cleared his throat. "Im so sorry for your loss." he said with his head down. "My l-loss?" i stammered.