Chapter 2

"My l-l-loss?" i stammered. "Peniel hasn't told you yet?" the doctor asked. I turned to peniel with tears in my eyes. "P-please don't t-tell me i-i lost" i stuttered uncontrollably. He starred at me with sad eyes, letting me know that my worst fear had become a reality. "Both of them?" i asked, hoping it wasnt true. Peniel gave a sad nob and looked at the floor. "I'll leave you two alone." the doctor stated as he moved closer to the door.

I had just lost both of my parents. I was at a loss for words, and was sobbing uncontrollably. What was i gonna do? Where was i gonna go? The room was silent aside from my sobs. "What happened?" is all i managed to get out between sobs. "Let not talk about it right now." he said. "Lets just get you home." "My home is in Chicago" i said still crying. Peniel gave me a look of sorrow. "Do you really want to go back there? You have no one left there." "I dont have anyone here either." i said. Peniel gave me a soft look and said, "You have me, even if you dont remember me."

As Peniel said that, memories started rushing back. I started remembering our big white house in Chicago, and Peniels big brick house down the road. "I think im  starting to remember, Peniel" i said. Our gaze met and he looked so happy then his expression changed. "Really?" he said hesitantly. "What all do you remember?" He sounded really nervous. "Just stuff from our early childhood." i stated kinda confused. "Why do you seem so nervous Peniel?" "Im not nervous." he said kinda blushing. 

"Okay?" I just brushed off whatever just happened, and looked at peniel starring at the floor.

Peniel and I both jumped when we heard a knock on the door. Before we could say anything, the doctor walked in.

"We have youre results Miss. Rose. You have temporary memory loss, which means your full memory will return any time. Also, you have minor bruising on your right side,but besides that you are fine." The doctor looked at Peniel. "So this young man here can take you home tomorrow."

As the doctor mentioned home, i started to tear up again. I leaned up and put my face in my hands. not minding the pain in my side, i started crying again. Peniel rubbed his hand along my spine and told the doctor i would be fine. The doctor left the room without another word. 

After a while, i looked up at Peniel. "Where am i suppose to go, Peniel?" I said sniffling. "You will stay with me" He said without hesitating. "Are you sure, Peniel? I can find somewhere else." "youre coming with me, and thats final. Now, get some sleep." I listened and went to sleep, but there was still a thought at the back of my mind. What happened to me?