Chapter 1

I am Angel.

I am an orphan.

No, I have not been abused.

Yes, obviously I have a bad past.

Yes, I have been adopted before.

One set killed, another jailed, another gave me back.

But no, none of them hurt me.

So here I was, sad and alone, after my last adopters gave me back. I do not like to speak of the other ones, so care not to bring it up.

I just sat there, on my single bed with thin sheets. Thinking, why me? because, frankly, why did all this have to happen to me. Oh yeah, don't bring up my birth parents either. It was quite a tragic story I still haven't gotten over.

After my third adopters didn't work out, the teasing at the orphanage increased once again. I just told them to fuck off and deal with their own not-being-adopted-at-all. At least I got a minimum of one good meal before I had to go back, unlike those bastards.

-One Month Later-

Another day, another adopter. I had to say goodbye to my best friend, Amanda, who of course got adopted. She promised to visit, and she did. That was all I had to look forward to. Her visits was the only bright part about my week. None of the adopters wanted me, I mean who would with my history? I must be a bad luck charm. I bring disaster with me everywhere I go. I guess I'm resigned to it by now.

That is until one day, a man came to adopt. I, along with all the other orphans, stood in front of our doors with our adoption histories. The papers were literally tacked to the door.

The man had brownish-blondeish hair, looked to be in his early twenties, and had sparkling green eyes. Him and the owner of this hellhole walked into each room with one or two kids until they got to me, all the way at the end of the hall. The adopters were always bored and tired once they got to my room so getting adopted was sooooo difficult.

But I had to go through the questioning process anyway.

I walked into the room and stood in front of them as they sat on my bed.

"So what is your name?" the man asked.

"My name is Angel." I replied. The owner, Mrs. Fiple, whispered something in his ear. Probably something about how the name doesn't fit. The man just shrugged off the comment.

"Well my name is Connor, and I have five friends and we all live together." (A/N all of them live in a mansion in this story) "And we want to adopt." Obviously, why else would you be here. I thought. "Now here comes the questioning process. First question: how would you deal with multiple parents?"

"Why would I care?" I retorted.

"Second: how do you deal with bullies?"

"I tell them to stuff off." I folded my arms over my chest and leaned on one leg. Fiple just raised her eyebrows in disapproval, whereas Connor tried to hold back his laughter.

"Third: how familiar are you with technology?"

"I've only worked with the poo computers at my school."

"Angela!" Fiple yelled.

"Hey, at least she censors it." Connor stated matter-of-factly. "Now onto question four: is there anything you like to do, or would like to do? As in hobbies?"

"Well, I consider myself a decent singer, dancing has always been a passion of mine, and I've always had a love of performing. Oh- and skateboarding sounds pretty fun too." I let out my inner tomboy. I mean if I'm to be chosen for all boys, they're gonna want a tomboy more than a girly girl.

"Ok, cool, nice talking to you!" Connor said leaving. No more questions to answer for the rest of the day.

-Five Minutes Later-

Fiple walks in. "You get to leave Angela! Now hustle and collect your things!" my eyes lit up in excitement.

Of course as I left, I got the usual taunts.

"See you tomorrow!"

"Happy we get a break from looking at your ugliness!"

"Not going to miss you!"

Et cetera, et cetera.

I got into the car and Connor drove about ten minutes, talking the whole time. "So Angel, there are six boys in all living in our mansion, one dog, one hedgehog, and one cat. The dog is Wishbone, that belongs to Jc, the hedgehog is named Max, and is Trevor's. And then there's my cat from home, Pre. You'll love everyone."

I stayed silent the whole ride, praying nothing goes wrong. Not again, I thought, not again!

I was pulled out of my trance by Connor pausing and saying, "We're here!" The sight I was faced with was the most surprising thing I'd seen in a long time.