Chapter 2

Scarlett's POV

~4th period~

So far the school day did not go by as bad as I thought it would. Jessica only pushed me around once besides when I first got to school, but then again, I'm only halfway through so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

BRRRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!! The school bell suddenly shook me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my text book and backpack and quickly walked to my locker, trying to avoid Jessica. That went as a success. I put my text book in there and walked to lunch. I went through the lunch line and got a banana, a ham and cheese sandwich, and a water bottle. I was walking outside to the quart yard when someone caught my eye. It was a boy sitting on the ground up against the outside of the building, that seemed to be drawing something. He was wearing black and blue, had a lip ring, and had the stereotypical black "emo" hair cut.

I sat under a tree that just so happened to be right across from where the boy was sitting. I plugged in my ear buds to my mint green IPhone 5c and Weightless by All time low started playing. I sat there listening to the music and eating my banana and sandwich as I occasionally tapped my foot. I glanced up from looking at the ground and noticed that the mysterious boy was already looking at me. He quickly looked away when he noticed that I caught him. I chuckled slightly at that and proceeded to eat my sandwich. I only ate half of it and my banana so I got up and threw my garbage away. I sat back down under the tree becuase I still had about 10 minutes left of lunch. I decided to check my Instagram as to see I had nothing better to do.

I was startled when a piece of paper was thrown at me. I looked up at the boy and he was just smirking at me. I un balled the piece of paper and all it said was "hey" on it. I dug in my backpack and grabbed my lime green sharpie and wrote "hey..." then I threw it back to him. So we just kept tossing back and forth and it said...

Him-"hey"

Me-"hey..."

Him-"why did you only eat half your sandwich?"

Me-"idk becuase I wasn't that hungry"

Him-"oh. Do you remember me?"

Me-"nooooo... Should I?"

Him-"I was the one who handed you your glasses"

Me-"oh. Well thanks for that. Im basically blind without them haha"

Him-"no prob. Why was that girl pushing you around?"

Me-"Oh Jessica? Idk she just does. She has since I was in 9th grade"

Him-"Oh... Well sorry about that. Hey what's your name?"

Me-"It's fine. My names Scarlett. What's yours?"

Him-"Kyle"

After that the next bell rang indicating that lunch was over. I got up an walked to my next class. Only 3 and a half more hours to go I thought.

END OF THE DAY

I was walking away from my locker that I thankfully didnt get pushed into yet. As I was walking down the hallway I felt a foot underneath me. I tripped and fell and everyone laughed at me. When I got up, no surprise here, Jessica and her friends were laughing at me.

"Awww is the little emo fag embarrassed?" she said with a chuckle.

I didn't respond, I just ran out of that building as fast as possible. When I got out if the building I ran into someone and that made me fall down. When I looked up I realized it was Kyle.

"Oh my gosh hey what happened?" he asked fully concerned.

"Jessica" I choked out in between light, quite sobs.

"What did she do this time?"

"Nothing. Just forget it" I responded while running home.