Five

Author's Note: Hello! Sorry it's been sooo long, I had been really nervous about writing the characters first interactions and had re-written this chapter several times. Please be sure to comment your thoughts and suggestions below, thanks for all of the encouragments and hope you enjoy! <3

Terri's POV
The first thing Terri felt when she woke up was the burning sensation of salt water being ripped out of her lungs. As a result, Terri found herself throwing her head forward whilst coughing out all of her other organs, at least, that's what it felt like.

"You know, for a human, the amount of salt water you had in your lungs was pretty impressive. Could've fooled me into thinking you were a fish."

Catching a break from her relentless coughs, Terri jerked her head up at the new voice seeing the silhoutte of a man who, honestly, didn't look like much given her extremely blurred vision.

"Ha! You even flop like one too! Take it easy for a second will ya? Your body isn't quite ready to move that much."

Nodding, Terri leaned against the wooden post behind her.

Wait.

Wooden post?

THE DOCK! I AM ON THE DOCK?!? WHAT ABOUT THE WAVES AND THE LITTLE BOY??! HELL, THE FRIGGIN OCEAN?!? HOW DID I GET HERE?

Ignoring the man's previous words, Terri jerked her head up once more as she tried to stand up only to quickly lose her balance and begin to fall. Before she could hit the ground, however, two strong arms had wrapped around her waist, hoisting her against a very hard body. After a brief pause, Terri slowly turned to face the now annoyed looking man sighing in confused frustration as she started her quest for answers.

...

"What happened?"