Lukka Chuppi Bahut Hui

It was almost midnight, but the streets of Delhi were still bustling with traffic. As was her mind clueless of its destination as it watched through the honking of the cars, rushing past one another. A glance from the scene below to the card in her hand, with Mr. Avdesh's words reverberating in her ears. Ishita was quite oblivious to Roshini's entry who nudged her a little, which in turn startled Ishita.

"Roshini... You still awake? What happened? Are you okay? Is there any problem?" It was obvious that she had paniced.

"Relax, Ishimaa, I am okay... Just that couldn't sleep. And you thinking about Mr. Avdesh offer?" Roshini's answer had her own interrogation.

Ishita closed her fist around the card, clutching it in between her fingers.

"Yes, I was thinking about his offer. It sounds good... I mean with the baby coming, I mean we need to secure its future, and his offer means a good pay that would cover the cost of living. But..." Ishita explained.

"Ishimaa, I'll also start working once the baby....." Roshini spoke with a choked throat.

"Come on Roshini, You know its not just the money, an additional member means that we need some extra funds to provide for all its needs... Its just that I want the very best for my chotu Aditya. And off course you'll also work. But the initial months would be all caught up with baby's work. And its just that I want the best for baby's future, just like Aditya would have wanted. But shifting to Jaipur is a big decision. If we need to do it, it should be done in another two weeks maximum, after that I am not prepared to take any chances with your health." Ishita explained.

"Ishimaa don't you worry about my health, I would be perfectly fine anywhere. I am perfectly Ok as long as you are around." Roshini spoke in all earnest.

Ishita lovingly caressed her head before speaking, "I know, just that I was thinking about Ruhi and Pihu. How would they react? I mean is it OK to leave them here... I just cannot decide... I am in such a fix...." the tone of her voice was bordering on irritation.

"I am so sorry Ishimaa...."

"Don't be sorry, sweetheart. Its not exactly your fault, The circumstances are such.... Leave all this.. Tell me why you couldn't sleep? Is your stomach alright? No aches or anything" Ishita tried to cheer her up.

It was always the case with Ishita, to make everyone around her comfortable, not to share her distressing thoughts with anyone... By now Roshini had understood this about her Ishimaa. She knew it would be futile arguing with her now. It would only add to her agony.

"No, it not aching, just that the baby was making a lot of movements, I tried to soothe it, even tried singing a lullaby but still it refused to rest. See...." Roshi said as she grabbed Ishita's hand and placed on her swollen tummy, making her feel the hustle bustle there.

Ishita could but smile as she felt the movements, tears unabashedly flowing from her eyes. Though she had come a long way, but still the reflections of the past, her own inhibitions, and the fact she could never experience them, resurfaced. She wasn't given the chance with Ruhi and Aditya. She had been good with this fact, but she couldn't feel this with Pihu was something that nagged her till date. Coming out of these hurting memories, she tried to focus on the present.

"So lets put this mischievous baby to sleep, Come... " Ishita held Roshini's hand and guided her to the bed in the room. She made her lie down, signalling her to close her eyes, as she silently stroked her swollen belly, as if sending peaceful vibes to the restless soul, mentally humming to it, as her heart sang out...

Luka Chuppi Bahut Huyi Saamne Aa Ja Naa

Seven months had passed, with two more to go. The passing weeks just brought more restlessness in her. As if she wanted the time to fast forward, just like she wanted it to rewind so that she could set somethings right, But if only time was in her command....