50

Lynx

Lynx

   It was Halloween and since Colson was still on tour, Jared and I were Harley Quinn and Joker. Casie was spending the night at her friend's house. Robin and Cameron were Cosmo and Wanda. We all were going to a costume party Cameron was invited to where he could bring a couple of friends. The day was full of work and responding to calls and emails. Jared would stop by a few times to check up on me since he was getting his makeup one by Robin who was only next door to my building since they moved.

   By the time the day was over I got ready as Harley Quinn and sent a few texts to Colson but he hasn't responded in a few days. I didn't sweat it since he was still on tour but I still just wanted to talk to him. Around eight, Jared and I were ready and he even rented a purple Lamborghini for the night. We pull up to the party and Robin and Cameron were waiting outside. I get out and walk to Robin and give her a hug.

"You look good sis." I compliment and she scoffs.

"You are the Harleisha Quinzel my sister." Robin jokes and I laugh as Cameron and Jared talked amongst the two of them.

"Have you heard from ole boy?" Robin asks and I shake my head and she sighs.

"Sis I don't think you should marry this guy. I'm not saying this because of how he's treated you...well that has a part but I just don't want you to change." Robin says and I look at my ring.

"But I love him."

"Do you love him or do you love the idea of him?" She asks and I look her in the eyes and she raises a brow before exhaling and walking off, leaving me with my thoughts.

"Where is this coming from all of a sudden?" I ask and sit at a bar table and scroll through Instagram.

   I was far down on my time line so I went back up and refreshed it and was flooded with pictures of Colson with another girl. I sit up straight as I see pictures of her basically half naked and kissing on him while he holds her close to him. I lock my phone and search angrily through the crowd and found Robin talking to Cameron and I tap her shoulder and she looks at me with a smile but that quickly fades when she sees I'm angry and pulls me to the garden out back.

"You saw the pictures?"

"Who is she?"

"She? You mean they? Babe, he's had at least five girls in the past few days. That's why I asked you that. That's the lifestyle of a rapper." She says and Jared comes out.

"Who hurt my doll?" He asks, using his Joker voice and I hug him and he wraps his arms protectively around me.

"Who did it?" He whispers, now using his regular voice.

"Colson."