Chapter 2

Mas naunang nagising si Jema kesa kay Dean. The poor guy seemed so tired after all the sexual activities they did last night. Jema just stared at him for a while bago ito bumangon. She gathered all her clothes na nakakalat sa sahig at mabilis na isinuot ito. She took her sandals at binitbit na lang yon para hindi sya makagawa ng ingay sa paglabas nya. She was walking like a ninja trying to sneak out of her ex boyfriend's apartment.

Good morning Jema. Aly greeted her. She rolled her eyes at napatigil sa paglakad.

Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Sarcastic na tanong nya dito.

Aly is in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She's pretty sure na sobrang tahimik ng paglalakad nya pero napansin parin sya nito.

When someone gets beaten up every day in school he develops a keen sense of hearing to survive. Aly answered truthfully. I'm making a toast. Would you like some French toast?

Oh thanks, but I'm not hungry. Jema said as she held her throbbing head. She's having a massive hangover right now. Nagpatuloy na lang sya sa paglakad.

For your information, Ms. Jema Galanza, my noise-canceling headphones proved ineffective last night. Pahabol na sabi ni Aly.

Yeaaaah. Sorry about that. She said shy smile while throwing a piece sign to the latter.

I just have one question. Aly said seriously.

Sobrang sakit na ng ulo ni Jema pero alam nyang hindi din naman sya titigilan ng huli kaya hinayaan nya na lang ito.

What is it?

Why do you have to call "god" while having sex? Aly asked nonchalantly. He was just plain curious.

Napanganga naman si Jema sa tanong ni Aly at ng mapagtantong seryoso ito sa tanong nya ay napahawak na lang sya sa ulo nya.

Oh god! You're impossible! She frustratedly said.

That, I heard multiple times last night. Aly said again. Tiningnan nya lang ito masama tsaka mabilis na lumabas at ibinagsak ang pinto.

Meanwhile, Aly is still clueless kung bakit biglang uminit ang ulo ng kaibigan.

I'm still puzzled as to why people feel the need to call for a "god" or a deity while engaging in sexual intercourse. He murmured while putting the butter on his toast.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Good morning, Dean. Aly greeted which startled the latter.

He woke up just minutes after makalabas si Jema sa apartment nila.

How many times have I asked you not to do that? Dean asked, annoyed at Aly's habit of startling him in the morning with his greetings.

Counting this instance? Three hundred and seventeen. Aly answered nonchalantly. It's difficult for him to distinguish a real question from a rhetorical and sarcastic ones so he answer whatever question he's s asked.

Napailing na lang si Dean sa kaibigan.

Where's Jema? He asked the latter instead.

She returned to her apartment. I'm guessing to shower and vomit but not necessarily in that order.

Bakit kaya hindi sya nagpaalam? Malungkot na tanong ni Dean. Ni hindi nya na nga napansin that he was able to speak in pure tagalog.