Chapter 3

You did what?! Yelled the girl in front of Dennise. She almost spit her food in front of her best friend's face. Are you crazy, Dennise Michelle?!

Will you tone down your voice, besh. Narinig ka na ng buong hospital. Dennise reprimanded Ella.

Eh kasi naman. Anong pumasok jan sa kokote mo at nakipag date ka dun kay Dr. Valdez. And how did you even managed to talk to him? I mean, duh! He is Dr. Aly Valdez. Sunod sunod na tanong ni Ella sa kanya.

Okay. First, you know how much I like him. I've been following his research and he is a brilliant scientist. I saw him on a dating site so I took my chance. I wasn't gonna wait til forever para mapansin nya ako. I mean who am I besh? I'm just a doctor and he is a world renowned scientist. There's like 0% chance na mami-meet nya ako out of coincidence. Unless kailangan nya ng brain surgery which is gonna be a really awful situation.

Wew nemen Dennise. You barely know the guy pero mukhang patay na patay ka na. How did you even match? Takang tanong nito.

Dennise did not explain but she took her phone and showed her profile to Ella.

Wtf?! You dressed like this and you answered the questions like that just so you would match with him? Where did you even get this informations?

Do you have an amnesia or something, besh? Jhoanna! I got it from Jhoanna. Apparently, her business partner is one of Aly's best friend. Her name's Jema and she talk a lot about her "geeky" friends. I'm so lucky Jhoanna is my friend! Dennise said screaming.

Wow ulit, Dennise. Andito lang ang best friend mo pero hindi mo masabi na you're lucky I'm your best friend.

Labyu besh! Dennise said while giving a piece sign.

Whatever. Ella said while rolling her eyes.

Besh naman. Reklamo niya sa kaibigan.

Okay fine. I want you to be happy, Dennise. But if you really want to be with a complicated guy like that, you gotta make him like you for you. Show him the real you. You are smart, Dennise. You are no less of a person than he is. For god's sake you're both a doctor in philosophy and medicine. Concern is written all over Ella's face.

I will besh. Eventually, I will. Den said while squeezing Ella's hand.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Aly's side

Does NASA know you're using that thing as a table napkin holder? Jema asked Baely about the advanced robotic equipment holding their napkins.

The group was having a dinner at the boys apartment.

You kidding? They still think it's in a secure locker at the NASA satellite research facility in Manila. Natatawang sagot ni Baely.

You stole it?! Jema asked with disbelief.

Borrowed. Baely said defensively. The trick is to carry it out to your car like you own it.

Jema just face palmed at her friends logic.

Relax! I'll return it after I finish playing around with it. Dagdag pa ni Baely. Jema just looked at him while shaking her head. He was about to say something when Aly's phone beeped, indicating that he received a message.