Chapter 5

Aly, Baely and Dean was at their office cafeteria for their lunch, discussing matters about their works.

Hey guys, what you talkin' about? Bati ni Aaron ng makalapit sya sa table nila Aly.

Baely was about to answer when Aaron sneezed.

Hold! Aly while raising his hands in front of Aaron.

What? Takang tanong naman ng huli.

Explain your sneeze. Aly said in a serious tone.

I'm sorry? Aaron ask again, completely clueless about where Aly is going with this one.

Do you have allergies? Aly asked.

No.

Too much pepper on your salad? Aly asked again.

I don't put pepper on salads. Aaron answered as a matter of fact.

I've heard enough. Sit over there. Aly said pointing at the adjacent table.

Oh come on, Aly! I don't want to sit by myself. Reklamo nya sa huli.

That's what typhoid Mary said. Clearly, her friends died. Aly answered as a matter of fact.

Guys, help me. Pakiusap ni Aaron kay Dean at Baely.

Aly, come on. Baely said.

Yeah, it's just one sneez... and before Dean could finish his sentence Aaron sneezed again.

You're on your own. Dean said to Aaron.

Sorry. See you, buddy. Baely said with sympathy.

Poor Aaron couldn't do anything but to sit on another table since Aly wouldn't risk being infected with some kind of disease.

Anyway, I have something for you guys. I'm sure you'll be able to relay this to our fallen friend sitting over the other table. Per our roommate agreement, this is your 24-hour notice that I will be having a non-related female spending two nights in our apartment. Tuloy tuloy na sabi ni Aly.

The three was puzzled. Yes, three because Aaron was eavesdropping to their conversation.

When you say non-related female, you still mean human, right? Dean asked sarcastically.

Well, of course. What else do you think? Aly answered innocently.

Are you planning on kidnapping a woman? This time it was Baely's question.

Sarcasm? Aly asked for confirmation.

Yes. But mixed with genuine concern. Baely answered with a chuckle.

Oh! Is it Dennise? Aaron excitedly asked from the other table.

No. And until you acquire a surgical mask please address your comments and questions to me via text or email. Aly said with finality. And to end this never ending questions, I'll be hosting Dr. Julia Barretto in our apartment.

You mean the cosmological physicist from Princeton? Dean asked to clarify. His voice full of excitement.

Yes. Tipid na sagot ni Aly, clearly annoyed by the nonstop questioning.

But how come you know her?! Dean asked again. This time eager to get answers from Aly.

We've been talking for years about our mutual interest in gravitational wave signatures of inflatons in the early universe. And now, she's being considered for a position in our research facility. Aly explained carefully.