05 | the chosen one

Before dinner, Eleanor, Felicity and I decided to head down to the Great Hall early to check on those who were brave enough — or reckless enough — to put their name in the goblet

We took our seat on the bleachers, applauding the students now and then while learning more about one another.

"You're joking?" Eleanor gaped at me after telling her of how Jeremy and I had been talking for the past few days. "You've gotten more action than I have at this school. Mind you, I attend Hogwarts."

Felicity was off in another world, with her chin in her palm and her eyes swirling with desire.

I followed her line of view and found a tall, gorgeous boy drenched from the rain and laughing as he was shoved inside the age line.

I turned back to the smitten girl and waved my hand in front of her face, causing her head to twitch.

"You're drooling," I pointed out.

Her hand went up to wipe at the corners of her mouth before her attention turned back to the boy.

"Isn't he just a marvel?" She sighed. "Cedric Diggory, you'd have to be mental to not be infatuated over him. He's absolutely perfect!"

I grinned at her foreign behaviour, giving her a small nudge. "Why don't you go and talk to him, then?"

Felicity gave me an almost glare, "Are you crazy? He's a perfect ten, and I'm not even on the bar."

"Oh shut up," Eleanor put her hand up in contradiction. "You're stunning, he's a hunk. You could get any boy on the bar and beyond."

Felicity twisted to look at Eleanor, placing a hand on her knee and thanking her.

It was evident that these two hadn't talked often until now.

"Thank you, but I seriously don't think I have a chance. Especially against Cho Chang."

A roar of whistles and applause catches our attention as a pair of twins jog in, flasks held up in their hands and a smug smirk on their faces.

"Knowing those two, they have something stupid planned." Eleanor groaned, staring down at her nails like they were more interesting than the event that was about to unfold.

The two boys chugged the liquid inside the flasks, jumping down into the age line and receiving praise.

"What'd they do?" I asked no one in particular.