28 | the room of requirement

While Elliot was right, that Hufflepuff throws one hell of a party, Slytherin seemed unbeatable in that area of expertise. If this was the first Quidditch game afterparty, I wondered what kind of pandemonium they'd brew for a bigger celebration.

"What did I tell you guys?" Milz could be heard over the blaring music engulfing the pharaonic common room.

It was the complete opposite of the amenity and snugness of the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor common rooms, this one was luxurious and decorated with an abundance of jewels. Salazar Slytherin undeniably had a power trip while creating this area as he evidently desired to showcase the exclusivity of being a part of his house.

I had a bit of my fun already, danced for a bit before I decided to slump myself down in the corner. As I was enjoying my lonesome, a familiar face decided to take a seat next to me.

"Ginny! I haven't seen you in a while," I shortly embraced the redhead before pulling away and meeting her eyes. "What's up?"

"I was just checking in on you, you never really were one to sit out of the crowd." She sent a small smile, placing a hand on my knee.

"I know, I'm not," I held up my glass of water as well to show that I was sober. "Just recovering, I guess."

She nodded in understanding, lifting her hand away. "I see."

We sat there for a bit, just watching as the Slytherins lifted Draco up and chanted his name. This was definitely what was needed to extinguish that large ego of his.

"Well, did Harry end up discussing the idea of Dumbledore's Army? I know you weren't there at the Hog's Head meeting but he mentioned that you'd join!" Ginny was shamelessly fervent over the concept, enthusiastic to finally learn how to defend herself.

"Yes he did, I'd be glad to join you guys." I smiled back at her and she took my hand in hers.

"We only have one issue," she mentioned, her eyes still locked on the anarchy unfolding. "We don't know where to practice."

I hummed, slowly nodding my head. "That is quite a big issue, Ginny." I chuckled as she returned it.

"I know, we should've thought of that before we even came up with the name."

As she continued to vent about her eagerness to learn from Harry, I felt the uneasiness settling in from being in an environment such as this.

The discord, the tumult of adolescence frightened me now.

All I could see in the flashes of green was Calum. I saw him in every corner of this room, I felt his presence behind me and his hands on my body. It was overwhelming, it was too much. It was suddenly too much to bear. The panic washed over me like cold water down my body and I knew that I had to leave.

"—That's why I think he'll be a great teacher, don't you think so?" Ginny finished her rant just as I regained sensibility.

She peered at me with curiosity before I jolted up and looked towards the door. "I need to go, I need to get out of here."

I couldn't even bother to give an excuse, or give her time to ask why, I just dashed straight for the staircase out of the dungeons and didn't bother looking back to the countless voices calling after me.

Step by step, that's all that was in my mind. If I just put one foot in front of the other I'll eventually find my way back to the Gryffindor common room.

Step by step, I'll make it there.

I couldn't look up at the fear that I'd continue to see his face in the darkness of these corridors; my eyes glued themselves to the shuffling of my feet. If I kept this up, I'd get back without a problem.