°Seven

Sitting cross-legged on the floor in the living room and facing the baby, Louis looked into the box in front of him which is half full of animal flashcards. He pulled out one with a monkey image printed on it and held it up in front of the baby.

"Monkey" He uttered.

The baby stared at the monkey picture then glance at Louis, furrowing his little brows. He opened his mouth in an attempt to speak, but nothing came out.

"Monkey" Louis repeated slowly, with an encouraging smile.

gaga

"Good" Louis ruffled his hair fondly, then picked another card.

"Cow"

a-ga

"Oh my God, you're going to be a school topper unlike your father and I" Louis mumbled with a proud grin.

"We were losers don't ever be like us" He finished with a warning look then reached in for another card.

"Giraffe"

a-ga

Louis arched his brow but there was a playful glint in his eyes.

"Are you sure you are saying the right words? Cause all I'm hearing is a-ga"

The baby smiled, chewing on his SpongeBob toy which is covered with drool then the phone rang. Louis stretched for it and saw Sarah's number flashing across the screen.

"Hey babe" He answered with a wide grin.

Are you free?

Louis brows furrowed at her no-nonsense tone which is unusual. "Is something wrong?" He asked as he straightened himself up.

Yeah, I want us to meet and talk. Now

Louis glance at the baby then stood up, crossing over to the window. "I can't I'm um ..... I'm kinda babysitting at the moment"

Well, bring the kid along. Whatever I have to say can't wait.

Her words made Louis frown deeper. He ran his fingers through his hair, knowing it must be something really important if Sarah is demanding they meet now. "Are you pregnant?" He whispered slowly with a nervous look.

No

He let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay, where?" He asked, wondering how the hell he's going to take the baby out in public without someone identifying him.

The coffee shop outside my work

"Okay, I will be there" He muttered then Sarah ended the call without the usual I love you and kisses. He stares at the screen with a confused look then he felt a tug on his joggers.

He looked down and saw the baby who had lift his arms as a request to be picked up. With a sigh, Louis scoops him up and realized his chin is covered with some drool which he wiped off with a handkerchief. Then suddenly, something outside the window caught his attention. He glances out and saw a black Mercedes-Benz S-Class with tinted windows parked across the street.

He frowned, knowing non of the neighbors owned such an expensive car.

He felt like he was being watched and every hair on his entire body stood on end at once. Quickly he closed the curtains, taking deep breaths before peeking behind them. But then he saw nothing. It was as if the car had just vanished into thin air.