I'VE GOT THIS FRIEND

IMAGINE !
o. PETER HAS A SECRET
TO TELL YOU  . . .

━━ 🕸️ ━━

Saturdays were the absolute perfect days to spend your morning inside your father's little shop in Queens. You enjoyed talking about your family's weekend plans, and encountering all the different and unique people stopping in every so often.

One of the people you often spent your time talking to was Peter Parker, a fellow sophomore and a close friend of yours. He had been stopping at your father's deli for as long as you could remember. In fact, you and Peter always walked and took the subway to school together, talking about whatever came to mind.

After spending numerous hours talking, Peter declared you as one of his best friends, the other being the iconic Ned Leeds. The three of you had such an iconic friendship.

However, Peter had been acting strange lately. Well, more than usual. Aside from his constant class skipping and rushed free time, he's been stuttering a lot and spending a long, unusual amount of time by the store. Wether it was simply inside taking to your dad, or literally just sitting outside on a nearby bench.

The ringing of the bell above the door didn't faze you, too invested in reading about the absurd drama of famous celebrities. Flipping the thin page, you let out a little yelp as you earned yourself a paper cut. "What the fuck, man."

A light laugh transported from across the counter, allowing your attention to divert from your finger to the familiar face standing across from you.

"Hey," Peter smiled, leaning up against the marble counter. You happily grinned back, enjoying the sight of seeing his vibrant brown eyes again. Just as he was about to speak again, your father interrupted.

"Parker! How's school going?" He asked, giving you a suspicious look. You rolled your eyes at the remembrance of him telling you that he suspected Peter had a crush on you a few days ago.

You casually strolled over to the wall, taking a pack of gummy worms for the teenage boy's usual traveling lunch, deliberately throwing the bag at his brown locks. Somehow, Peter managed to contact his reflexes and catch it in time. A playful sigh left your lips as you rolled your eyes.

Sitting back down on your fairly comfortable chair, you started to flip through your drama-filled magazine again. Up until the moment Peter finished his conversation and tried to get your attention, you were pretty invested in the fake stories.

"Hey, uh, y/n?" Your gaze lifted from the thin papers to Peter, giving him another curious smile. "I have a few questions about the math homework. Mind helping me out?"

Looking at your father, who was protectively watching from the sidelines, you gave him pleading eyes. Thankfully, a grin appeared on his face, gracefully shooing you out. You quickly picked up your backpack and sling it over your shoulder, not forgetting to press a thankful kiss to your father's cheek before following Peter outside of the store.

Once you stepped outside, the warm sunshine rays warmed up your slightly cold body. Thankfully summer was swiftly approaching. You turned to Peter at the crosswalk, raising an eyebrow. "Where are we headed? Diner, library.." trailing off, you waited for him to answer.

He held a finger up, grabbing your hand and quickly running across the street as the light was ushering you to cross. When your feet planted on the sidewalk, Peter started to speak up.

"You know, I-I heard that someone, uh, likes you!" he explained, frequently breaking eye contact. Apparently he found the flowers moving in the wind more interesting.

Your eyebrows tied together, quickly flailing your hands away as if physically throwing away the entire thought of someone liking you away. "Yeah, right. Who would that person even be?"

He stayed silent, now bringing his eyes to meet yours. "It might be nothing but," poor Peter looked as if he was going to be sick. "He's right in front of you."

Before you could say another word, he continued talking. "I've been that friend who's been crazy about you. I-I wanted to tell you to see what you'd say before I, uh, ask for that date."

You nervously tugged on the straps of your backpack before grabbing Peter's hand. "Don't worry. I've got this friend who likes you too, and I think they'd be extremely happy to go on a date with you. That friend might just be in front of you, too."

───

author's note

THIS IS BY FAR THE CUTEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER WRITTEN.

this is dedicated to TH0MASHOLLAND for the amazing idea, and the entirety of 5sos stans because y'all all know I've Got This Friend is a fuckin' BOP!!

ALSO HAVING THE READER AS MR. DELMAR'S KID IS SO CUTE IN MY OPINION