Chapter 3 Impossible

Slade P.O.V

No this can't happen. My true mate is here at my party. Maryanne is the love of my life. She is the one I love. I'm going to reject her as soon as I come face to face with her. Maryanne was my girlfriend since 7th grade. We was each other's first. I don't want anyone else but Maryanne. I guess she saw my face. She spoke up and said she is here isn't she. I looked at her and said I only want you baby. Maryanne smiled up at me and I leaned down and kissed her. I marked her last night we mated fully.

Rebecca P.O.V
     I watched as my mate and his replacement mate, I was a little disappointed the he didn't wait for me.
But I won't let them see that it hurts me. I'm only here for another couple weeks anyway. I don't care either way. I love my grandparents but would miss my parents more. And my wolf side needs to be in a pack. My vampire side is just neutral she is happy being with my parents. I walked outside to the garden and then I smelt him. I turned to look at him. He said I don't want you. I spoke up before he did. "I Rebecca Lynn Winters reject you Slade Adam D'Angelo." His mouth dropped open. Then he recovered and said "I Slade Adam D'Angelo except your rejection and thank you."

Two weeks later:
    It's been hard watching Slade with her but I have ignored the hurt and the hurtful looks she would give me. I was sitting outside in my grandmas garden when my phone went off showing I had a text message.
(N for Nick and R for Rebecca)
N: Hey is this Rebecca Winters number?
R: Yes it is. What do u want Nick?
N: I wanted to apologize for everything I did last month. And u were right she was never going to change.
R: I hate to say I told u so but I TOLD U SO.
N: I'm sorry I should have listened to u. We were thick as thieves. U wouldn't have lied to me.
R: So how u been Nick? Besides Branda being Branda.
N: I've been good just made a deal with dad that if I don't find my second chance mate by next year, we will set up a arranged marriage.
R: I don't know what to say about the arrangement but I'm happy that u don't have to live with heart break.
N: So when can I count on having my best friend back?
R: Soon as I can talk To my grandma she is excited that I'm here.
N: cool I can't wait to have my partner in crime back. Lol
R: very funny Nicky. 
N: You calling me Nicky again feels good. I miss you Becky.
I got up out of the garden and went inside to talk to my grandma. She asked me if I was getting homesick she said you've been here a month and said if you want to go home I can. I hugged my grandma and grandpa and told them I loved them. Got on the plane and headed home.
Time skip the plane ride.

I got off the plane and found my car in the parking garage. I got in my 2018 Mustang GT. Heading home to my parents and my best friend.

I just crossed the border of my home. I pulled up in front of my house and I see my mom and dad in the living room. I walk inside and hug them both. I was tired from the long drive so I went to bed early. My mom came to my room to tell me supper was ready. I ate then went for a walk. I was in front of the pack house when I smelt the most intoxicating smell ever. Pine and chocolate. I stood there when the door swung open wide. There stood the one person I missed while I was gone, Nicholas Christian Danvers. He ran to me and said it's you your my second chance mate. I put my arms around his neck and said your mine too. He growled and asked, "How am I your second chance mate?" I told him about Slade he growled again and said he's stupid to reject you. But I'm glad he did now your mine. He grabbed my hand and took me inside to his parents and told them I was his second chance mate. His mom was so excited and his dad was happy too. I looked around and asked where is Branda? He pointed to a bright red cabin and said, right there in the whore house. Where she belongs. I asked what she did to end up there. He told me how she cheated on him and got pregnant by another wolf. He told me he was going to mark her but she had told him to wait. I kissed Nick on the cheek and said I won't ever do that to my mate. Nick picked me up and swung me in a circle and lightly kissed my lips.