Chapter 10 ~ Nulling

The shaking of her trembling body did nothing to cease the fear and anger that rested within. They were going to be caught sooner or later, who knew just how long it would be with Universe in control. G Sat in silence as Marcelle tried to think – frustrating herself every time she felt Universe pester her mind and breach a level of privacy. She groaned in anger.

"You do realise that our trust is officially out the window right Universe?" Marcelle called out madly, stuffing a fistful of clothing into her mouth to prevent anymore loud wails from disturbing the fairly quiet landscape that surrounded them. G sighed as he smacked a hand to his face, dragging it down his features like a chore. He was tired.

"Universe, just let Marcelle go." He groaned, knowing fully well that all his attempts were rendered futile against the invisible entity.

A flicker of blue and red reared around from behind them, startling Marcelle as she kept a close watch on the rear view mirror. She pursed her lips as she eyed the officer that pulled up along her, stepping out of his vehicle hesitantly before making his way to her side of the car, tapping his knuckles thrice against the glass. "Open up, police."

G and Marcelle shared a glance of uncertainty. "I swear to fuck Universe, you'll regret this if you do anything." Was the threat before Marcelle allowed her window to roll down. "Night officer, how may I help?" There was a pause, perhaps due to the initial shock that for once, someone complied with the law. The officer cleared his throat, tuning his eye to G.

"The driver is a wanted fugitive." He announced, Marcelle's eyes widening.

"Fugitive? No!" She gasped suddenly, almost too realistically if it hadn't been for G knowing what was truly going on.

"I am afraid so, sir, you are to remain silent and exit the vehicle with your hands in the air, anything you say can and will be used against you in court." But Marcelle had already popped the door lock up, opening the door and stepping out into the cool night breeze. "Ma'am, you're safe now, it's ok." The officer assured, causing an uncomfortable feeling in her own gut to arise, slowly edging her to throw up.

"I know, I know... he's been holding me captive." Marcelle whispered, barely above the crickets. The officer's eyes widened tremendously, a hand racing to his gun as Marcelle snatched it out of his weakened grasp.

"What?" He had asked as G turned to stare at Marcelle.

"Marcelle, whatever you're thinking – stop it." He threatened, "Marcelle, drop the gun." Marcelle cocked the gun before spinning the barrel in its place, raising it up into the sky.

"Ma'am, you need to-" A loud bang silenced the air and cut the tension like a knife, immediately causing her own heart to race with palpitations.

"MARCELLE!" G screamed, now jumping out of the car himself to witness the body in a crumpled heap on the floor. Another click was heard from the gun and G knew he should have stayed in that prison. However, this time, Marcelle turned the gun towards herself, sticking the deadly weapon into her own mouth before shooting the bullet without a moment of hesitation. G screamed in terror as he watched her collapse, eyes widened and full of hatred as she remained in a crumple on the floor. The gun was taken out of her hand, and left into shakier ones, what G had seen, couldn't be forgotten.

He trembled, throwing the hand gun as far as possible before slumping against the hood of the car, screaming loudly for any animal or person to hear. "You happy now Universe?" G mumbled, eyeing the girl on the ground. "You proud of what you've done?" But all he was met with was the freezing blast of chilling air. The sounds of the wind, like chimes in the breeze, playing an impromptu song made just for him alone.