Too Easy for Truth- Chp 2

Nadia felt herself falling. Falling, falling into the abyss. Screaming wind was rushing to her face, tearing at her skin. She could barely move against the crushing force of the wind, but somehow she managed to turn her head. She saw the boys tumbling downward, their wings disappearing,- and then vanish. That meant that they were safe, out of the portal. But wait, why was she still falling? It was now that she realized the screaming noise wasn't the wind, it was her.

Nadia's eyes fluttered open. Her vision was blurred, fuzzy around the edges. She felt an ice cold floor under her, but her body wouldn't move. Suddenly, a noise scrapped her ears. She could see a shadowy figure walking hurriedly towards her.

"Oh my-", it chocked on the word, then, gathering itself up, it said, "Damn." before she could hear more, the darkness claimed her.

--------------

Alec and Gabriel were standing in front of a girl. She had black hair, streaked with green, that went down to her collar bone. Her eyes were a beautiful, oceanic shade of turquoise, which Alec thought were breathtaking. She was wearing a black leather coat with bright blue casual jeans. Yellow sparks seemed to escape from her fingers. Around the gray room, vampire guards were scattered around aimlessly.

"Leave us," the girl said to the guards. They marched out in a less-than-orderly fashion, leaving Gabriel and Alec alone with Katarina Rey. Katarina sighed loudly, "Nincompoops." she muttered. "I hate speaking like that. So proper." She was directly in front of them. "Where is the third one? Wasn't there supposed to be a third one?" She asked, confused.

"That is what we would like to know!" Gabriel yelled.

"Calm down, boy that has a striking resemblance to a shrieking donkey." She quipped. Despite everything Alec laughed.

She turned to him. Her eyes widened. "Who are you?" she said rather innocently.

"Alec Nightcross." He said politely.

At that moment, a vampire with blue hair walked in the room, carrying a crumpled figure in his arms.

"Nadia!" Gabriel shouted.

" She needs help, by the way," the vampire said, letting go of Nadia in Gabriel's arms, "Quickly."

"Kyran." said Katarina, " What happened?"

"She came out of a portal at my place. She was in there for too long. She's dying." As the vampire scrambled away, Gabriel looked horrified. Alec turned to Katarina, "Can you do something?"

She looked at him, the way you did when you met a beautiful boy like Alec, who wasn't arrogant or self-centered. She sighed and finally said, "Yes, of course But there will be some effects on you." Seeing Alec's worried look she added, "It's perfectly safe, you'll just feel dizzy." Alec nodded at her.

Katarina strutted over to Gabriel and Nadia, Alec following her briskly.

She knelt down beside Nadia's shivering body, still in Gabriel's strong arms. She waved her hand over Nadia, and power erupted from it. Yellow washed down on Nadia like rays of sun. Katarina turned to Alec, "Make sure I don't fall, Mr. Nightcross." Alec raised an eyebrow, but made no question as he came slightly closer to her. Katarina and Alec stared at each other for a moment, then looked back at Nadia. Katarina already began to look superior. But, the power was beginning to take effect, Nadia was becoming a little less pale and withered looking. But Katarina was looking paler, Alec put his arm around her for support. "Almost done," she breathed. Yellow was still exploding around them, sucking the problems out of Nadia's system.

Finally, the air became clear of blue power and Nadia was breathing steadily. The process had been very quick. Too quick, Gabriel thought, the pit in his stomach still grew larger.

Katarina flopped back, her head fell on Alec's chest. "You okay?" he asked. Alec felt odd holding the vampire's representative in his arms. She nodded half- heartedly. "Yeah." she looked up at him and smiled. "I love your eyes," she told him. Alec felt the blood rushing to his cheeks.

It was Gabriel who broke the silence. "You did that quickly," he said to Katarina.

"No I didn't. It took half an hour," at their confused expressions, she added, "Time works very differently here."

Gabriel's eyebrows were at his hairline. "Half an hour?" he goggled at Katarina, eyes wide, "Were her injuries that bad?"

Katarina nodded gravely, "From what I could tell, there was a lot of internal bleeding and organ failure, and...."

Alec was dumbfounded; all that for being in a portal for too long?

Gabriel's voice cut through his daze. " And what?" he demanded, his voice filling with worry for Nadia, "Is she going to be okay?" Katarina slowly sat up, lifting herself out of Alec's grasp. Immediately after doing so, she crumpled back down and her head hit Alec's chest again. Alec wanted to call out her name, but held back, not knowing why. Instead, he could only gasp. She went lifeless in his arms, her consciousness leaving her. This startled Alec; Witches should be stronger than that, especially the last one.

-----------------

Nadia's eyes felt heavy. It took sheer force of will to open them. She felt a soft mattress under her, but her body was cold. The first thing she saw was the room. Not her room, which was decorated with silver and blue, this room was gray and made of stone. The next thing she saw was a boy. Brunette and beautiful, with matching dark brown eyes. Gabriel. "Nadia! Oh, thank the Angles!" he sounded relived, with worry coating his tone.

"Where am I? What happened?" her own voice was horse and dusty.

"We are in the Dead Lands," he paused for a moment, then spoke quietly, "You were in the portal for too long. You almost died."

"I what?" she looked down at herself, and stared. Her left arm was wrapped in bandages, stained with blood. She had a bandage on her right leg, too, which was also covered in blood. Gabriel launched into the story.

"Katarina couldn't fix all your injuries, but your mostly cured." he said when he was done.

"Katarina Rey? She helped me?" Nadia had so many questions.

"Yeah," Gabriel said, "Though I think she's found of Alec. I think she has a thing for quiet and crazy-eyed Angels Children."

Nadia felt herself stiffen. Alec, with a Witch? "Where is he?"

"He's with Katarina. She passed out after helping you."

"But he can't be with Katarina, Gabe." she said quietly.

"Why not?"

She took a breath in. "Because he's meant to marry me."