To Be Me- Chp 8

Through the hole in the wall, all Gabe could see was Kyran's face. But now...

Kyran's black shirt was in tatters, reviling some of the milky white skin underneath. His jeans were mostly intact, but they were fraying uncontrollably at the edges. Kyran had abs. And impressive ones, too.

Gabriel watched as Kyran, still looking like a feral dog, turned and sided- kicked the wall on the other side of him; Alec's cell appeared. Stone came flying at Gabriel again, and he heard Alec yell in pain. Gabe made a move for Alec, but immediately halted as he saw Kyran stop kicking and fall.

Gabriel caught him just before he hit the ground. Kyran did not need another trip to Hell. He lay in Gabe's arms, barely conscious.

"Are you alright?" Gabriel asked him, cradling Kyran's head, which was laying in the curve of his elbow.

"I'm... sorry..." Kyran could hardly speak without sounding horse and exhausted, but somehow managed to lift his hand. He brushed Gabriel's hair out of his eyes. Gabe didn't stop him.

"Shhh, don't try to speak." Gabriel ran his fingers over Kyran's arm, in attempt to relax him.

"I... hurt... you...." Kyran's dazed eyes moved to Gabriel's left arm. A small cut, in no way comparable to the one on his face, ran from his elbow to the middle of his foreman. Only a small trickle of blood escaped from the scratch. The red of his own blood was mix with the green of his saviors. Kyran's teeth flashed.

"I'm perfectly fine," Gabriel held Kyran tighter. "It's just a scratch, really."

"You're... still beautiful... even... even with that scar." It looked as if it took the sheer force of will for Kyran to keep his hand at Gabe's face. His fingers brushed his cheek lightly. Gabriel shivered at the touch.

Suddenly, Kyran's hand dropped. He was running out of strength.

"Can I do anything to help?" Gabriel grabbed Kyran's fallen hand, willing him to stay alive.

"Yes... just stay." Kyran's breath was steadying slowly.

Gabe stared down at Kyran, with plain fear in his eyes.

"Are you going to die?" He asked quietly, hugging the vampire closer.

"Do you... do you want me to?" Kyran gave a ghost of a smile.

"No." Gabriel spoke with finality.

"Then... I shall... endeavor to oblige." But Kyran had stared coughing harshly.

Gabriel needed to do something, anything.

At that moment, a thought hit him like a pile of bricks. He needed to startle Kyran enough to keep him awake. Damn, he was going to regret this later.

Gabriel leaned down and let his mouth collide with Kyran's.

He felt Kyran tense for a few seconds, before he melted into it. His mouth some parted to let Gabe in. They were kissing, hard and fast.

Kyran's eyes widened in shock. But it didn't last long, Kyran's blazing yellow eyes closed and his body reacted. He unhooked his hand from Gabriel's, suddenly finding new strength in adrenaline. He tangled it into Gabriel's brown hair. The kiss seemed forced at first, on Gabe's part. But, as he himself had done, Gabriel had lost himself in it.

At that moment, Gabriel was not just another boy for Kyran to seduce. He was so much more; Kyran hadn't noticed his feelings spiral out of control. This sort of thing had never happened to him, with no one. Even Gregori was just something to give his meaningless life a little jazz. But this one moment: the tenderness of Gabriel's lips, the pounding of his heart, Kyran's fingers entwined in Gabe's soft, thick hair.