Inquitous{12}

adjective[ih-nik-wi-tuh s]

grossly unfair and morally wrong.

There he was.

Deep breaths Kiera, deep breaths.

How can I freaking break deeply if that gorgeous brown-haired Sex God was about to look up and notice that I was actually "over" him?

What if he doesn't even care? Oh God, what if all of this prep was for nothing?

"Good, he's looking. Now stop pulling a face like you're going to shit yourself and start acting like you're actually enjoying my company, yeah?" Justin whispered in my ear and pulled away chuckling, even though nothing was funny. He gestured for me to laugh too, so I let out the loudest, most uncomfortable mixture between a snort and a laugh in my life. I played it off and continued laughing at nothing.

I turned to look at Nick and his friends. He has another pretty, blonde slut tucked under his arm. Where does he even find all of them? There must be a freaking slut factory in his living room.

He was staring straight at me, following my every movement with his gaze. He looked angry, but I could see past that. I could see how deeply hurt he was by this, and surprisingly how he wished that he was Justin. I could read him like a damn book.

"He looks close to punching a locker, or maybe even that Barbie doll under his arm" Justin came close and whispered in my ear once more. I smiled because he thought she was fake too, "I know what we can do to make him go absolutely wild.

Before I could get out 'what?' he kissed me.

It wasn't a short kiss, either. It was long and passionate, the kind of kiss you would give to someone that you had genuine feelings for.

The kind of kiss that left me thinking, is this really just so I can get Nick to love me? Or is Justin doing this because maybe he actually likes me?

I shook the thought from my subconscious, realizing the absurdity of thinking someone like Justin would actually like me.

He separated his lips from mine and put his hand on my cheek, rubbing circles on my lips with his thumbs. It felt foreign, and even though I liked the kiss I felt this overwhelming sense of guilt for no apparent reason. I smiled at him before bringing my hand up to his to bring it back to my side.

"I don't think I'm cut out for this, Just" I looked up and Justin and he just cocked his head towards Nick, "that reaction right there might change your mind"

I looked over to see Nick taking his arm off of Barbie's shoulder before looking right at me, his eyes a little glazed over, and walking out of the corridor.

Justin was smiling smugly down at me and I faked my best smile back.

If this was exactly what I wanted, why the hell did I feel so shitty?