[52:] Back in Atlanta

Maddie's P.O.V.

   The cast was allowed to have a few days off since they were working very hard.

   In that time, we flew back to California, just Jen, Josh and I. That's when we ate Thanksgiving dinner at Jen's parents' place and I saw Gemma and--

   Speaking of Gemma, you won't believe what happened to her.

   It happened a few days ago. Unfortunately, Sam and his fiancé weren't ready to take care of a kid. Yeah, Gemma is thirteen and all, but they wanted their own child.

   She was in tears at the fact that she'd have to go back to foster care, and be in the system. I don't know if she's been adopted yet, but that's her problem, not mine.

   Anyways, we are now at a hotel, which is rather nice, and Jen went to eat breakfast downstairs. I think it's some kind of buffet or something. I asked her to bring me a muffin on the way up.

   I feel like a tourist here. I'm currently looking at brochures I collected at the front desk to see what fun things we can do here.

   I found one that had to do with aquariums and it looked interesting to me.

   After I looked through them, I turned on the T.V. and flipped through channels. There was nothing to watch; meaning that there was nothing good to watch.

   That is, until I saw one of those gossip shows. I'm not sure if I'm a gossipy type of person, but they're fun to watch sometimes.

   They were talking about Taylor Swift's new boyfriend, Harry Styles. People keep saying that she's had countless boyfriends but I think she's pretty alright.

   Later on in the show, they started talking about me and Jen. Man, ever since the premiere, it seems like that's all they ever talk about! Either it's something that has to do with the Hunger Games, the cast, or me. This is crazy! The paparazzi people haven't been too much for us to handle... yet.

   "People are dying to get a glimpse of the life Maddie Andrews is living and has had. You may not have heard of her yet, but, as of right now, her and her new 'parent', Jennifer Lawrence have been the most talked about people this year! Well, the ending of course. But the point is, we're dying to meet her and hopefully, one day we will."

   Others want to know about my life? I don't think the glamorous people of Hollywood want to hear another sad story with a happy ending.

   "I'm surprised you didn't come down, I'm stuffed. Oh, I brought you a muffin. I wasn't sure which kind you wanted, so I brought all of them. One of each kind." she grins. But she wasn't holding any.

   "Thanks. Did you eat them on the way up?" I tease.

   Before she can reply, poor Josh had to carry them, which was a good amount, and I appreciated the gesture.

   "Here," he says, setting them on the table.

   "I'm going back downstairs, any of you coming?" he says.

   "No, we're fine. You go ahead. We can meet up later." Jen says.

   "Suit yourself." he says, then he leaves and closes the door behind him.

   "So, did you figure out what you wanted to do today?" Jen asks. She allowed me to pick where we go today. In two days, she's going back to work and I'm stuck watching. Not saying that's a bad thing, after all, I have front row seats to one of the greatest movies ever!

   "I was thinking about going to the aquarium, but I don't know. I turned on the T.V. and they were talking about Taylor Swift and her new boyfriend."