[71:] The Oscars

Jen's P.O.V.

Today has been a stressful day so far. My family showed up: my mom, dad, and brothers. We are all at my house trying to get ready.

Ben can't find his tie and Blaine is tying his shoes. My mom has been looking for a necklace that she's been wanting to wear and my dad is still picking out a shirt.

I walk into the bathroom to try to get away from some of the chaos. My dress was in there.

The dress was from the Dior Couture collection. It was long, white and sleeveless.

I tried it on, and it fit. Thank God. I had some trouble with the zipper, and my family is in a frenzy at the moment, so I asked Maddie to help me.

Once I was zipped up, I asked her, “How do I look?” while making a ridiculous pose.

She laughed then said, “Like a princess.”

I took a bow and told her thank you. I would've shown my family the dress, but they had problems of their own to deal with.

I took off the dress and took a shower because I needed it.

***

Maddie's P.O.V.

Everyone is scrambling around, trying to find this, trying on that.

I actually have a dress for the event. It's different from the once I'm going to wear to the dance. This one is more. . .elegant. It's mostly black, a hint of gold at the waist. I have matching heels and a purse to go with it. We are all excited for Jen, but whether she wins or not, I'm still happy to even be attending. How many people can tell you that they've actually been to the Oscars? Most people just watch it on T.V.

***

Jen's P.O.V.

After I got my hair and makeup done and my dress is on, we make it to the red carpet. That's where all of the photos and interviews are taking place. Many people are here: friends, family, fans. I have fans. It's amazing to think about.

I posed for a little while, flashing lights surrounding me. My stomach is growling since I skipped breakfast, not intentionally.

Ryan Seacrest walks by, and says he has a few questions to ask me.

“How was today like?” he starts off with the first question.

“It was so stressful, I had nothing to eat today. I'm starving.” I reply.

“Yes, well you can eat--”

“Is there food here?” I blurt out.

“There's like twelve plates after the show.” he says.

“Aww, but the show is so long!”

“Why was it so stressful today?” Ryan asks, changing the subject.

“Everybody in my family got ready at my house and it was the craziest thing.”

“Tell me about your dress. What are you wearing?”

“I'm wearing Dior Couture.” I say, proudly. The rest of the interview dragged on, my stomach growling in the process.

***

“Please welcome, your host, Seth MacFarlane!” the announcer speaks loud and clear. A smiling Seth walks out, wearing a black tuxedo.

He starts with his introduction, making fun of people is what he does best. I'm a fan of his shows: The Cleveland Show, American Dad and Family Guy.