[64:] Darts and Cake Balls

Jen's P.O.V.

We just finished filming the scene and Josh had invited me to his trailer for a movie night. It may sound boring to you to watch movies all the time, but it's what we do best.

I remember when I was younger I saw Josh acting in Little Manhattan, thinking that if he can come from Kentucky, and make it to the big screen, then so can I.

“Look, see? He's from Kentucky! If he can make it, I can do it too!” I told my parents. They were less than thrilled about me becoming an actress.

I remember despite the arguements, I really had to persuade them to allow me to go to New York because there were auditions there.

I found out about Josh in a newpaper article, and weirdly, that helped them accept that this is what I wanted to do.

In a twist of fate, I'll get to meet him and he'll play Peeta, my favorite character in the Hunger Games trilogy.

It's crazy to think about. And now we're together, in his trailer, ready to watch another movie. As if acting in movies wasn't enough. But I don't mind it, I can be lazy anyway. And we've done this for so long, so why change it?

The two of us walked to his trailer, when we saw Liam.

“Hey, Liam. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!” I say. He's still in his outfit that he wore during the scene.

“I know, you two have been becoming a little distant lately. I just came this way because I needed to change.” he replied.

“Oh, right.” I say. Josh went inside the trailer and me and Liam were alone.

“Everything good with him?”

“Oh, yeah. Everything's great.” It felt a little awkward talking to him about this. He scratched the back of his neck.

There was an awkward silence. I was about to go into the trailer, but I was stopped because he kissed me.

“What was that for?” I say with a hint of anger in my voice.

“I had to do that, at least once.”

“Don't quote Gale,” I say. “You know I have a boyfriend!”

“I...” he seemed at loss for words. What is going on with him?

“Please explain. I'm just glad Josh didn't see that.” I say.

“See what?” I hear Josh coming out of the trailer.

“Oh, uh...” Liam couldn't speak.

“I saw the biggest bird fly by, you missed it!” I finally spoke.

“There's all kinds of weird animals here. Oh, well.” Josh said.

“I should go,” Liam says. “See you later.”

“Ready to come in?”

“Oh, yeah, sure.” I still feel really uncomfortable about what just happened.

“You know, I was thinking, we always watch movies. How about I finally show you how to make cake balls? Everyone loves them.” he grins.

“Sounds fun,” I smile, but lying a little bit. I'd love to learn how to make them any day, but today... I just don't feel comfortable. At least I can put my good acting skills to use.

He held my hand while leading me to his small kitchen.

He grabbed all the ingredients that we needed, including flour.